Proposal: Flames/Canucks

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Markstrom is intriguing. I like him for playoff hockey. I think he's a guy that gets hot in the playoffs. Watch him in traffic. He'll be unfazed. I want to keep him for that potential, even though playoffs are not certain.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Juolevi + Vancouver 1st for Hanifin + Calgary 1st is something that I would strongly consider, but I think both fanbases would be angry with this deal.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Juolevi + Vancouver 1st for Hanifin + Calgary 1st is something that I would strongly consider, but I think both fanbases would be angry with this deal.

Calgary might do it because that Vancouver pick is likely to be a high lottery pick, though I doubt they would do it because Hanifin is far better then Juolevi and it hurts the Flames win now stance.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

No thanks.

I think that Canucks pick will be high but there are enough otgerbad teams that it could end up being 6-8 and I would rather Hanifin than that.

Plus without Hanifin our defense is weak so our pick could be in the 10-13 range.

No interest in Juolevi at all so he is just s throw in for me.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The OP deal is Calgary giving up assets for cap dumps, which is not happening.

Calgary bailing on Hanifin would send an awful message.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
No thanks.

I think that Canucks pick will be high but there are enough otgerbad teams that it could end up being 6-8 and I would rather Hanifin than that.

Plus without Hanifin our defense is weak so our pick could be in the 10-13 range.

No interest in Juolevi at all so he is just s throw in for me.
Juolevi is not just a throw in man come on...

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Monahan, Gaudreau, Tkachuk.

But okay.
Only one of those 3 I would consider is Gaudreau and that’s for boeser not Pettersson. I still say no given salaries/age and the fact boeser was above a PPG before his wrist injury. He still finished with similar point totals as Gaudreau comparing their first years

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It’s nice to have dreams because there’s no one on Calgary gets you either of those guys.

Which is fine. But it goes both ways, Hanifin is a tremendous young dman with sky high potential. #1 dman hold that kind of value, I would only move Hanifin in a deal for a player with elite upside.

Also neither Boeser or Pettersson have the value Gaudreau has, yet.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Only one of those 3 I would consider is Gaudreau and that’s for boeser not Pettersson. I still say no given salaries/age and the fact boeser was above a PPG before his wrist injury. He still finished with similar point totals as Gaudreau comparing their first years

A one year wonder has nowhere near the same value as Gaudreau. Especially one that has only played a game.

Your valuation of your players are premature and uncalled for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad