Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Grzelcyk - McQuaid

Rask​

Reactions: Sk8M8

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Good test for the first line. Boston with the last change means they’ll be matched up against rat face/Bergy/Pasta all night. Broken record but we’re going to need depth scoring tonight and strong defensive game

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm expecting a really tight game.
I have a feeling Bergeron's going to take Monahan behind the woodshed here if they're matched up.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I have a bad feeling about this one. Boston might be the best team in hockey right now and we don't have Smith to bail us out. Good luck boys, because if we don't play a whole 60, this will be a long night.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Also, I hope GG cycles Tkachuk and Gaudreau on the 3rd line again every once and a while. Gives those guys easier matchups and could help the Bennett-Janko duo out again.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I'm expecting a really tight game.
I have a feeling Bergeron's going to take Monahan behind the woodshed here if they're matched up.

Bergeron consistently takes pretty much anyone behind the woodshed.

Not expecting a win, but would go a long way to convincing me to keep hope alive to actually do something if we make the playoffs.

Reactions: Sk8M8

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
Janko pots 2 for the Providence College girls that make the trip to Boston. 4-2 good guys with a REAL Monahan GWG. Go Flam, much win

Reactions: Cyrano

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'd like to see Stajan on the third line and Lazar centering Lomberg and Hathaway. Hathaway has kinda faded away into being the fourth liner he really is while Stajan has had a bit of a resurgence and has looked much more deft and quick lately

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Gonna be a battle of line matchups tonight because our top line is not gonna get anything started against Bergeron's. I don't have a lot of faith in Gulutzan to win this for us, this game in particular is gonna be one that plays out on the whiteboard and not the ice

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Gonna be a battle of line matchups tonight because our top line is not gonna get anything started against Bergeron's. I don't have a lot of faith in Gulutzan to win this for us, this game in particular is gonna be one that plays out on the whiteboard and not the ice

It's what irks me most about GG, he has zero imagination and makes zero attempts to adjust to his opponent. We'll just see the flames doing what they always do. Hopefully we get a couple lucky bounces.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
It's what irks me most about GG, he has zero imagination and makes zero attempts to adjust to his opponent. We'll just see the flames doing what they always do. Hopefully we get a couple lucky bounces.

Obviously I'm not a head coach so take it with a grain of salt, but I think a big first step is to not waste 3M on the Bergeron line, because they're not elite enough to defend them. Make Bergeron and Marchand split time between containing Johnny and Mony and generating chances, and let 3M do the heavy offensive lifting against the Krejci line.

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
Obviously I'm not a head coach so take it with a grain of salt, but I think a big first step is to not waste 3M on the Bergeron line, because they're not elite enough to defend them. Make Bergeron and Marchand split time between containing Johnny and Mony and generating chances, and let 3M do the heavy offensive lifting against the Krejci line.

GG won’t really get to match on the road. I have a feeling they’ll be getting Bergeron out against Monahan and I think GG should just try and allow that to be a clean sweep and hopefully we can get some PP action or depth scoring

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
GG won’t really get to match on the road. I have a feeling they’ll be getting Bergeron out against Monahan and I think GG should just try and allow that to be a clean sweep and hopefully we can get some PP action or depth scoring

Which is why cycling Gadreau and Tkachuk onto the 3rd line every once in a while may help with secondary scoring.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
The Bruins are really good this season if the Flames can play them evenly I'll be happy.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
It will be a hard fought game. I think we've got what it takes, but sometimes you cannot tell which team is going to show up.

I feel good though because Rittich is one of the best backup options we've had in a while.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Source?

I think you guys might be overthinking things. I predict a hockey game breaks out at around 5:08pm MT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad