GDT: Flames @ Blue Jackets - 5PM MT - S-NET W

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I just watched the game in Washington and I thought Sven actually had a pretty strong game, he made a lot of nice plays and seemed to make plays nearly every shift. I guess I might have noticed only the positives though.

I also liked Galiardi, he brought a lot of energy. Everyone except Bouma more or less looked awful when the Capitals caught fire in the second period but I can't say I noticed Galiardi negatively except for his penalty, where Neuvirth took an unbelievable dive. I hope someone runs him hard the next time we face Washington(we'll just have to chase Holtby again lol).

We really should have gotten something going on our 5-on-3. That was the real game changer for me. Likely the worst power play I've seen from us in in years.

Ramo was good. He did well against a well-oiled Caps offense but was played the fool laterally a few times. He'll build more confidence and improve as things move along, I'd think.

May be able to watch this one live. GFG. :nod:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If Stajan is out for any significant length of time, you really can kiss this season goodbye. He's just as important to our team as Ramo, Gio or Brodie, definitely our most valuable forward.

I feel like we take this game 3-2. I think we get out to a 2-0 lead, and the Jackets make a late game push but ultimately we hold on.

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!!!! :yo:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hopefully nothing else comes up at work so I can watch the full game. *Crossing my fingers*

Also touching in the Sven subject, from what I read I thought he had an alright game last night? I honestly don't know if a trip to Abby will do much, other than hurt his confidence, if he does play poor I'd rather he takes a seat in the pressbox for a game to reflect on what he has to do to be better

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Hopefully nothing else comes up at work so I can watch the full game. *Crossing my fingers*

Also touching in the Sven subject, from what I read I thought he had an alright game last night? I honestly don't know if a trip to Abby will do much, other than hurt his confidence, if he does play poor I'd rather he takes a seat in the pressbox for a game to reflect on what he has to do to be better

Kid won't probably blow anyone away playing 11 minutes a night

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
it was in jest, but i like to think of myself as a man of my word so..

but seriously we always blow when we play the bjs, i'll be happy with a point tonight.

137334484196.gif

:laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
it was in jest, but i like to think of myself as a man of my word so..

but seriously we always blow when we play the bjs, i'll be happy with a point tonight.

Clearly I should have used a reaction gif the first time, so here we go:

surprise.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So awesome that Centre Ice is doing a preview. The number of games I get to watch in HD in previous seasons has typically been below 5. I should get a good number right off the bat this year!

Also, I see Colborne warming up. Is Stajan sitting? Are we yet able to revise the lines?

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
So awesome that Centre Ice is doing a preview. The number of games I get to watch in HD in previous seasons has typically been below 5. I should get a good number right off the bat this year!

Also, I see Colborne warming up. Is Stajan sitting? Are we yet able to revise the lines?

Stajan is week to week.

Flames7676

Jun 17, 2013
Alberta
Should be a good game to watch just hope it can be as entertaining as last night with the same amount of effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->