Flames - Blue Jackets 15 goal game

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Sucks to have one of these goalies on your fantasy team.

As one of those suckers with Rittich I saw his stat line for this game in the yahoo app.
9.00GGA!
3 goals on 14 shots.. yikes

Could be worse. You could have Bobrovsky. He gave up 8 before he was pulled.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I'm not so sure that's true this year. This isn't exactly a rarity for the Flames this year.
Seen a few posts saying just that around Reddit and CP.

But who's to blame them, we've all been burned by Gulutzan enough times over the last 2 years

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
69m8C14.gif

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Neal's gonna save his inevitable 18 goals in 20 games streak for April, May, and June ;P
Thought he looked good tonight. Made a nice pass on one of the goals but it touched one too many players after so no assist. Managed to finish a game with 6 goals against with an even +/- .

We can all trash the guy for not scoring yet, and that's fair enough, but his sh% of 4 will go up eventually. Not like he's Brouwer out there dragging down anyone around him, he's playing fine just not potting them

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Defence wins in the playoffs...
That actually works for the Flames because since their 9-1 drubbing from the Penguins that woke them up, the Flames are the #1 team in goals allowed and shots allowed in the entire league. They’re not even doing this on the backs of unsustainable goaltending which is even more impressive. The stats probably change a bit tonight as I haven’t done the math yet, but the Flames have shown the ability to efficiently defend as well this season.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Ya last two games have been a mess defensively, I can't really say why but way too many odd man rushes. The 15 or so games before that were very tight defensively. First 8 or so was a mess.

I feel confident they'll figure it out by the end of the year. Andersson needs a stronger partner. Stone or Valimaki need to come back. Bottom 4 has been a rollercoaster but it's been 20 games.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Ya last two games have been a mess defensively, I can't really say why but way too many odd man rushes. The 15 or so games before that were very tight defensively. First 8 or so was a mess.

I feel confident they'll figure it out by the end of the year. Andersson needs a stronger partner. Stone or Valimaki need to come back. Bottom 4 has been a rollercoaster but it's been 20 games.
We had many of those games last year too. The difference this year is, we have the offense and the system freedom to make it competitive still. Last year we just sunk into Gully’s lifeless system and curled up and died. Good teams go through these types of games, they’re the ones who ride the storm and come out on top though.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm low-key one of the best top lines in the league. All 3 players over a PPG + Tkachuk also over a PPG + Gio has 27 points in 28 games + depth.

Tre did a fantastic job addressing scoring this past off-season.
Neal: 3 goals, 5.75M/year (with Brouwer's buyout 7.25M/year).

Brouwer: 6 goals, 875k/year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad