GDT: Flames @ Aves | 2/28/13 | 7 MT | There is gonna be some murda up in here tonight.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I haven't felt this good to be an Avs fan since the first Foppa comeback was announced. I don't we'll be forgetting this day for a very long time, folks.

Mant*

Wow, Landy had what may have been the best period of hockey I have ever seen there. Just flat out dynamic, everytime he was on the ice.

We are now 2 points out of a playoff spot, 3 out of 5th place. We are still in this.

By the way, Shane the 3rd star????????

Did you see Forsberg's 6 point night against Florida? A total of 3 goals 3 assists with 5 points in the third period.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Trying to go back and watch the game since I just got home but Stealthy isn't working for me. Did gamecenter block it's IPs?

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
ah...no better team to hand that heartbreaking loss to than the flames

uhh...did today make them our biggest rivals (yes, I'm aware it would be one sided)? They're at least the team I want to see lose most now

still vancouver for me, followed by edmonton. then calgary.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Tom Nalen is on twitter and seems to be an Avs fan. Its pretty awesome
He's a Bruins fan I believe since he grew up in Massachusetts(I spelled this correctly the first time :laugh:)

However, he does tweet a lot during Avs' game.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Some captains give motivational speeches. Landeskog gives motivational shots on the foot.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Calgary, Detroit, Vancouver, then Minnesota for me, I don't really care about the oilers

the rivalry with the wings is gone for me, minnesota is too boring for me to care about , edmonton because of hearing how sick they are and how they are a dynasty in the making, vancouver because im surrounded by nucks fans day and night , and they're the only team that clearly embarrasses us game in and out.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Calgary, Detroit, Vancouver, then Minnesota for me, I don't really care about the oilers

Oilers are probably my most hated team and that fanbase, omg.

Then it's Blues with Calgary right behind. Canucks still have a team you hate, but their fans have been pretty chill this year.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Oilers are probably my most hated team and that fanbase, omg.

Then it's Blues with Calgary right behind. Canucks still have a team you hate, but their fans have been pretty chill this year.

Going forward I think the Blues could be a good rival for us. Oilers, Flames, Canucks, etc won't even be in the same division anymore.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Lots of positives tonight:

Landy resorted back to Viking mode, thank you Sacco for telling him to just go north and south. Landy dominated this game kind of like Forsberg used to do. Its like Landy just decided that he was sick of losing just like Forsberg used to and said screw I'll just go win this one for us.

Varly wasn't great but made the big saves when we needed them. Thats what I like to see, even though he had a rough game he was mentally strong enough to pull it together when it mattered.

Duchene looked tentative at first, understandably, but turned it on in the 2nd and 3rd, nice solid game.

Even the team drunk looked tolerable.

Defense is still pretty atrocious.

The thing I liked the most tonight is the determination that the whole team had. Too many times over the past 3 or 4 years I've watched us pack it in after giving up a few early goals. Tonight looked to be headed in that direction as well, but we collected ourselves and played smart hockey, and just kept fighting for loose pucks and we got some bounces to go our way and we pulled out a game we shouldn't have won.

Lastly I'm not sure how this thing with O'Reilly is going to work out, still not overly thrilled with the way he and his team acted through this ordeal, but he is a very good hockey player that can help this team win games. Hopefully he comes in shape and ready to play he has a lot to prove as he is now getting paid like a top line guy.

Now that Landy, and ROR are back and Johnson is looking to be back soon were not nearly in as bad of shape as we were 2 weeks ago. In a short year anything can happen now its time to make a strong push towards making the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->