GDT: Flames @ Avalanche, 7:30 PM MST. Sportsnet 360, Fan 960

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's frustrating because Rittich looks a lot better technically than Gillies but seems to lack the ability to stop the tide when the other team turns up the heat. So we've got to choose between the goalie who will eventually get exploited for bad positioning and poor puck handling vs the one who lets the game get into his head.

Forgot what this was like. Smith was a godsend.

Have to remember the inexperience of both goalies right now. Expecting more than what they've provided would have been a little optimistic, I think.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Have to remember the inexperience of both goalies right now. Expecting more than what they've provided would have been a little optimistic, I think.

I'm holding out on a decision on either, we really haven't seen enough to judge what they'll be at this level. But I think a stretch of games where Rittich could've held it to one or two and it ends up being four or five is indicative of a larger problem, and Gillies just flat out seems to always be in the wrong part of the crease.

I guess in short, there's still time for each to improve, but unfortunately there's not the same amount of time for the team as a whole. I wouldn't trust either guy to get us to the post-season as of what they've shown right now.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
It's frustrating because Rittich looks a lot better technically than Gillies but seems to lack the ability to stop the tide when the other team turns up the heat. So we've got to choose between the goalie who will eventually get exploited for bad positioning and poor puck handling vs the one who lets the game get into his head.

Forgot what this was like. Smith was a godsend.

You have to take your lumps. A year ago Connor Hellebuyck had similar issues in the NHL to what you describe Rittich. Now look at him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->