GDT: Flames at Stars: 6:30pm MT on SNW

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Bennett can not generate his own offense but it's pretty clear he can play with good players

Wtf GG refuses to do it is beyond me

It's not like we have lots of scoring

Refuses to do it? He just had Bennett up on the top for two games and has put him back on the line in the 3rd period.

Do you think he should have taken Ferland off the line and put Bennett there instead?

I think I prefer Bennett on a seperate line because he is better at creating his own offense and offense for others than Ferland.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I have zero doubts he would kill it on the top. Only problem is, we would only have 1 line that could score.

Enables you to play Ferland on the second line though once he returns, or Bennett. We still have the depth to put together a solid second line even with Tkachuk getting top minutes. I think he has a lot more to give and that we're wasting him by not giving him a few more o-zone starts.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Enables you to play Ferland on the second line though once he returns, or Bennett. We still have the depth to put together a solid second line even with Tkachuk getting top minutes. I think he has a lot more to give and that we're wasting him by not giving him a few more o-zone starts.

I don’t disagree, Tkachuk is elite IMO. I would like to see it periodically throughout a game, like what other coaches do.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Just got brutally ****ed by my physics midterm and I come out to see us losing, looks like I'm gonna be double depressed tonight.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
We did not deserve to lose that game... at all.

We were sooo much better than the Stars after the first period. Bishop was just a tank

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Hopefully the top line gets in a good practice and we get to see elite 1RW Stewie out there again next game.

"He had a rough game, but I liked his jam." - GG probably

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Crap, crap, crap, crap

Felt fairly confident coming into this game for some reason but that was a pretty terrible game overall, not just the result but the general play.

6 or 7 PPs with a 1:55 two man advantage and we get nothing out of it? Yuck

and now I have to listen to Remenda and his moronic fawning over McDavid because I am too lazy to get up and change the channel to make it even worse.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I'm not saying they definitely would of won if Bennett plays the whole game on the top line... but they definitely would of won if Bennett played the whole game on the top line. :D

Reactions: Sk8M8

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Flames I thought were the better team. Bishop was on a roll tonight.

Scratch Stewart and bring in Shore please. I don't think Stewart will last whatsoever in my opinion. One game of course though.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Crap, crap, crap, crap

Felt fairly confident coming into this game for some reason but that was a pretty terrible game overall, not just the result but the general play.

6 or 7 PPs with a 1:55 two man advantage and we get nothing out of it? Yuck

and now I have to listen to Remenda and his moronic fawning over McDavid because I am too lazy to get up and change the channel to make it even worse.

Really, interesting. I thought the Flames PP played pretty good today.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Son of a b.
Of course Bishop plays amazing. Flames were the better team probably.
Of course we get shutout after the deadline trying all this time to get a top 6 winger...
Better win tomorrow.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
So happy we "tried" Stewart on the top line for 2 periods, worked out real swell.

I asked Mrs. Hox,

Me - “The Flames claimed a player on waivers yesterday, who has never met his teammates until today and never had a single practice with the team, what line do you think he played on?”

Mrs. Hox - “The 4th line?”

Me - “Nope, the 1st”

Mrs. Hox - “Why would they do that?”

Me - “Mostly because he shoots RH’d”

Mrs. Hox - “I’m so confused”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad