Esa Lindell - John Klingberg
Dan Hamuis - Greg Pateryn
Marc Methot - Stephen Johns

Ben Bishop​

Reactions: Sk8M8

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Hopefully Bennett takes it in stride. They are likely just trying to get Stewart fired up out of the gate, and who knows how his auditin on the 1st line will go...Could be a good I guess. Though I feel it is more likely we see Stewart demoted after a few shifts and Bennett back up. It'd be great to see Stewart take a piece out of Benn or Seguin.

Reactions: Janks and tmurfin

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Was really hoping they'd give Bennett more time on that top line.. Ugh, hopefully Stewie plays good, or has a fairly short leash

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Was really hoping they'd give Bennett more time on that top line.. Ugh, hopefully Stewie plays good, or has a fairly short leash
Gulutzan said he would start with Gaudreau and Monahan but would move him around to find the best fit. Wild fans also said that when he got a chance in the top 6 there, he put up good numbers.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Gulutzan said he would start with Gaudreau and Monahan but would move him around to find the best fit. Wild fans also said that when he got a chance in the top 6 there, he put up good numbers.

Like I said, hopefully he's given a fairly short leash, I'm not 100% against it, just didn't want Bennett getting pushed down quite yet, I have a problem with that more than Stewart starting there, if that makes sense.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Only calgary would claim a player off the waivers and plug him straight into top line, after their own skilled young player had a great game there.

Go get them Chiasso...i mean Stewart!

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Only calgary would claim a player off the waivers and plug him straight into top line, after their own skilled young player had a great game there.

Go get them Chiasso...i mean Jones... I mean Moss... I mean Stewart!
Ftfy

It's been a shit problem for this team for a looooooong time.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Pretty interested to see Chris Stewart. Was surprised no one before Calgary on waiver priority picked him

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Pretty interested to see Chris Stewart. Was surprised no one before Calgary on waiver priority picked him

I imagine not a lot of non-play-off teams have much interest in a UFA forward at this time of year so there were probably very few teams that were ahead of Calgary that would consider him.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I imagine not a lot of non-play-off teams have much interest in a UFA forward at this time of year so there were probably very few teams that were ahead of Calgary that would consider him.

Yeah true. Although UFA or not, it is a free player so was expecting more teams to show interest. Especially for non playoff teams who traded their wingers away and just need a warm body in the lineup

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
So Bennett has 2 good games on the top line and rather than keeping him there, rewarding our 4th overall pick we gift it to a waiver claimed Chris Stewart who some wild fans say is one of the worst players they've watched in 5+ years on their team.

God dammit.

I don't give a shit about the "he'll be given a short leash" argument, Stewart shouldn't be given 1st line icetime ffs in his first game.

f*** this coaching staff .

Reactions: DomBarr and Janks

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
More than anything, I hope Stewart brings the intimidation game tonight, regardless of what line he's on. I'm a firm believer that guys like CS can instill a lot of confidence and swagger in our young stars simply by being that presence. It's so much easier to play your game when you don't have to worry about being pushed around. I can guarantee nobody will be hacking or taking runs at Gaudreau tonight if Stewart is on that line.

Reactions: tmurfin and Janks

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
So Bennett has 2 good games on the top line and rather than keeping him there, rewarding our 4th overall pick we gift it to a waiver claimed Chris Stewart who some wild fans say is one of the worst players they've watched in 5+ years on their team.

God dammit.

I don't give a **** about the "he'll be given a short leash" argument, Stewart shouldn't be given 1st line icetime ffs in his first game.

**** this coaching staff .

Which wild fans are those?

I saw one Wild fan on twitter say it and a bunch of others say basically that he is what he is but that he was a popular guy on the team.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Also you know when Stewart struggles Gulutzan will only replace him with Brouwer. It's like, just resign already Gulutzan.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
The irony is that GG doesnt even realize that getting Bennett going might actually save his nhl career - yet he hitches his wagon to chris stewart.

Best case scenario A: bennett develops into a top line player. Best case scenario B: stewart does... something.

Gully: I will take B for 1,000 thank you.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The irony is that GG doesnt even realize that getting Bennett going might actually save his nhl career - yet he hitches his wagon to chris stewart.

Best case scenario A: bennett develops into a top line player. Best case scenario B: stewart does... something.

Gully: I will take B for 1,000 thank you.

So now for Bennett to save his career he needs to leech off the top line to get points? That is how he will save his career?

Not learning how to produce offense, learning how not to cheat by reaching and taking bad penalties in the offensive zone, not learning how to keep his head up to use his linemates instead of constantly going head down straight ahead?

Passing the puck to Gaudreau and Monahan and hoping they can create something is what is going to save his career?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad