GDT: Flames at Politicians: Jan. 26 at 5:30 MT on SNW

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Anyways, some actual notes on the game since I just finished watching the highlights:

- Good work by the Flames on both goals they scored. Nice to see Ferland get back on the board, hopefully he gets a bit of confidence after that one. And a great move by all three players involved in the Monahan goal - of course Gaudreau with the vision, Hamilton with the little move to get close to the net, and Monahan with the slick between-the-legs move.

- Tough luck for Elliott on both those goals from what it looked like. Wingels the deflection on the first, and I guess the Wideman shot just got through and he didn't see it? Lame. By all accounts we were the better team for most of the game but the Sens were able to tie it. At least we didn't fold like a house of cards again.

- Amazing sequence that led to the OT goal. Probably 99% of the time that diving play would never work on a guy like Karlsson but Gaudreau was able to make it work and I think you can see the confidence that both Backlund and Gaudreau have right now, and you knew there was no way Gaudreau wasn't scoring there. No chance for Condon. Nice to see the celly by Gaudreau after, hopefully this gets him back on track.

Well said.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Anyways, some actual notes on the game since I just finished watching the highlights:

- Good work by the Flames on both goals they scored. Nice to see Ferland get back on the board, hopefully he gets a bit of confidence after that one. And a great move by all three players involved in the Monahan goal - of course Gaudreau with the vision, Hamilton with the little move to get close to the net, and Monahan with the slick between-the-legs move.

- Tough luck for Elliott on both those goals from what it looked like. Wingels the deflection on the first, and I guess the Wideman shot just got through and he didn't see it? Lame. By all accounts we were the better team for most of the game but the Sens were able to tie it. At least we didn't fold like a house of cards again.

- Amazing sequence that led to the OT goal. Probably 99% of the time that diving play would never work on a guy like Karlsson but Gaudreau was able to make it work and I think you can see the confidence that both Backlund and Gaudreau have right now, and you knew there was no way Gaudreau wasn't scoring there. No chance for Condon. Nice to see the celly by Gaudreau after, hopefully this gets him back on track.

Very well said.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Well said.

Very well said.

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad