GDT: Flames at Panthers: April 4

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I'd rather win than wish for a loss for a chance at going 1 pick ahead of where we are. We won a bunch last year and got Monahan. I'll take it.

Flip side: there was the possibility to fall to 29/Avs and get MacKinnon.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I'd rather win than wish for a loss for a chance at going 1 pick ahead of where we are. We won a bunch last year and got Monahan. I'll take it.

Last year was widely considered to be the deepest draft since 2003. In other words, a rarity.

There's no one like Monahan at the 6th position or beyond in this draft.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Last year was widely considered to be the deepest draft since 2003. In other words, a rarity.

There's no one like Monahan at the 6th position or beyond in this draft.
we're in good position to end up with at least a top five pick. I wouldn't sweat with four games left for us

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
we're in good position to end up with at least a top five pick. I wouldn't sweat with four games left for us

Finishing 27th guarantees a top five pick. Finishing 26th brings a chance the Flames could end up with the 6th overall pick if a team below them wins the lottery. Unlikely but possible.

I want wins, not losses.

I want wins off of players who aren't mercenaries.

JulianHopper*

Flames Win 2-1

Congratulations to Kenny Agostino on his first NHL goal and hopefully there will be many more.

Big night for Mike Cammalleri again, getting his 26th of the season and his 500th career point. His 8th game winning goal of the season and ranked 5th in the league currently for game winning goals.

Nice set up by Jiri Hudler as well who's been really good for the Flames this year and the leads the Flames in scoring with 50 points.

Who's going to step in and do the scoring for the Flames next year with one or even both of theses guys more than likely gone?

Another good game by Bryce Van Brabant, was in front of the net on Cammalleri's goal and threw a big hit that was reminiscent of Dion Phaneuf. It was on Panthers Colby Robak who is 6'3". That's what the Flames have been missing all season.

Good game by Joey MacDonald stopping 34 of 35 shots and good for 2nd star.

Flames D logging a lot of minutes again in this game with Smid out, specifically Brodie and Giordano.
Flames definitely need to add another top 4 defenseman for next season.

With this win the Flames are only 3 wins behind 8th place Phoenix who have 36. Also now 10 points up on the Oilers.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Congratulations to Kenny Agostino on his first NHL goal and hopefully there will be many more.

Big night for Mike Cammalleri again, getting his 26th of the season and his 500th career point. His 8th game winning goal of the season and ranked 5th in the league currently for game winning goals.

Nice set up by Jiri Hudler as well who's been really good for the Flames this year and the leads the Flames in scoring with 50 points.

Who's going to step in and do the scoring for the Flames next year with one or even both of theses guys more than likely gone?

Another good game by Bryce Van Brabant, was in front of the net on Cammalleri's goal and threw a big hit that was reminiscent of Dion Phaneuf. It was on Panthers Colby Robak who is 6'3". That's what the Flames have been missing all season.

Flames D logging a lot of minutes again in this game with Smid out, specifically Brodie and Giordano.

With this win the Flames are only 3 wins behind 8th place Phoenix who have 36. Also now 10 points up on the Oilers.

I'd say on your average night, they generally log about 60 minutes.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

While I don't always agree with your analysis, I always look forward to your post game summaries. I agree that the Flames have been missing the big hits. Wideman started off delivering giant hip checks, but other than that, nobody besides McGrats strikes fear into the opposition

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad