GDT: Flames at Oilers: 8pm MT on CBC

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
This team is just something special.

Bill Peters is amazing.

He really is. Sometimes teams success despite their coach, sometimes the coach is just a passenger, but Peters manages the game within the game like Hartley and the Xs and Os like Darryl Sutter. I'd put Peters down for having gotten us an extra like, 18-20pts this season.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Flames are beginning to open up a bit of daylight between them and the Sharks and Knights.
All teams have played 50 games and the Flames have 69 pts, Sharks have 63, and Knights have 62.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He really is. Sometimes teams success despite their coach, sometimes the coach is just a passenger, but Peters manages the game within the game like Hartley and the Xs and Os like Darryl Sutter. I'd put Peters down for having gotten us an extra like, 18-20pts this season.

Peters is great because he makes those in game adjustments when needed. He's not afraid to juggle the lines when things aren't working. I find a lot of coaches in the NHL pretty stubborn to move their lines around. Peters does not hesitate.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Peters is great because he makes those in game adjustments when needed. He's not afraid to juggle the lines when things aren't working. I find a lot of coaches in the NHL pretty stubborn to move their lines around. Peters does not hesitate.

He's also willing to play kids up the lineup. Hanifin, Valimaki, Kylington, Andersson have all had real opportunities this year, not just kid gloves. Janko on PK1 over Backlund/Frolik. Bennett on PP2 over Backlund/Frolik.

Reactions: Czarchuk

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015

Extra points relative to Gulutzan or to an average NHL head coach?

I'd agree with you if it was the former.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Was watching the game with friends and at house so no posts in the thread for me, but fantastic game.

Dave Randorf is unbearably terrible.
Draisaitl is a diving fish.
Russel is the worlds biggest puff, dude got leveled by a cross check from Johnny Gaudreau, just f***ing retire you goober.
McDavid was shut down and abused all night.
Edmonton's atrocious depth was on display, their terrible.
Edmonton's defence is a atrocious.
Larsson is absolute dog shit. Dude got big dogged along the boards by "hobbit/midget/child" Gaudreau, like just quit you're awful.
Refs were a gongshow for a lot of the night, but ultimately didn't play a huge factor. But like lol @ Hathaway's penalty for the even up call, he didn't snow shower Koskinen at all and then Lucic takes him down so both go? LOL
Flames are pimps, come at us NHL, you don son.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Stolen from CP.

FreeAthleticDormouse-size_restricted.gif

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Was watching the game with friends and at house so no posts in the thread for me, but fantastic game.

Dave Randorf is unbearably terrible.
Draisaitl is a diving fish.
Russel is the worlds biggest puff, dude got leveled by a cross check from Johnny Gaudreau, just ****ing retire you goober.
McDavid was shut down and abused all night.
Edmonton's atrocious depth was on display, their terrible.
Edmonton's defence is a atrocious.
Larsson is absolute dog ****. Dude got big dogged along the boards by "hobbit/midget/child" Gaudreau, like just quit you're awful.
Refs were a gongshow for a lot of the night, but ultimately didn't play a huge factor. But like lol @ Hathaway's penalty for the even up call, he didn't snow shower Koskinen at all and then Lucic takes him down so both go? LOL
Flames are pimps, come at us NHL, you don son.
I thought because A Calgary fan took my quote from our board and posted it here that you wrote this on our board. Calgary looks good man no doubt about it.

Last edited:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
If the Oilers are trying to target Gaudreau like we are McDavid, that's not the only they're losing at in this game.

I've been paying attention to this for some time now. Oilers' fans and some others seem to think that teams are stupid for not targetting Gaudreau. Gaudreau knows he's not physical guy that can outmuscle guys in corners and I'm guessing it's been always like that for him. Cant blame him, that's not supposed to be his job.

The thing is Gaudreau is really good at reading plays and not committing himself in those battles. If he sees puck coming to him when he's not moving, and opponent coming at him, he just quickly passes (or just swings his stick if he's in a hurry) the puck and moves the focus of the play away from him.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I've been paying attention to this for some time now. Oilers' fans and some others seem to think that teams are stupid for not targetting Gaudreau. Gaudreau knows he's not physical guy that can outmuscle guys in corners and I'm guessing it's been always like that for him. Cant blame him, that's not supposed to be his job.

The thing is Gaudreau is really good at reading plays and not committing himself in those battles. If he sees puck coming to him when he's not moving, and opponent coming at him, he just quickly passes (or just swings his stick if he's in a hurry) the puck and moves the focus of the play away from him.

I think a big part of it is that defensemen know that they can’t just skate at him full speed because he’s going to make them look stupid, so they try to contain instead and end up looking stupid

Reactions: Kahvi

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Man that always feels gooooooood...so glad we beat them in their new shiny barn finally. We are clearly the better team, and that really showed last night. If we meet these guys in the first round Johnny needs to keep his head up though. Lucic and Kassian will hunt, so he needs to pick his spots well. He could've avoided that Lucic cross check by simply dumping and turning, he just can't put himself in those positions come playoffs or he's gonna get wrecked.

Also, the Oilers D might be one of the biggest train-wrecks in the NHL, wowie! That was horrific from them as a unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->