GDT: Flames at Golden Knights: 8pm on HNIC (SN1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Outside of people who *****, just to *****; did anyone actually have an issue with Milan's game tonight? He was a positive possession player who looked like a monster protecting the puck on the boards. Seriously kiddies, if you're not even going to give the guy a nod for a solid game, may as well check in the flaming C crest and pick up the orange drop.

I guess if you were looking for positives you could say he was better than he usually is but still only the 13th or 14th best forward out there for the Flames.

Once again he just kills any offensive opportunities the Flames could have with him on the ice, does nothing defensively and is a zero in “toughness” category which is supposed to be what he brings.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I have never trashed Lucic, if you want to look up my history; it's there for you to be proven wrong if you'd like. I've always been of the opinion he was miscast in Edmonton, and it wasn't the right fit from day 1.

It's beyond pathetic that people who consider themselves fans won't even give a new player a fair shake before they play a game in our uniform. You had your opinion made before the guy played a single game here.

Here's what we know so far, 5 games into the season with Lucic:
- He isn't as slow as everyone said he was.
- He's more than willing to drop the gloves to protect teammates, even though we were told he doesn't do that. He sent messages to both Zadorov and MacDermid; guys who terrorized Calgary last year.
- He's been better than 1/2 of the other **** we've rolled out in the bottom 6 this year; which while not saying much, is better than guys like Bennett and Mangiapane who you've been upset with TOI usage.

The dude will never be worth 5M; but he can be a heart and soul guy for this team for a couple more seasons and there's nothing wrong with that as we try and compete.

A. The guy doesn’t deserve a fair shake because he has shown that he has ECHL level skills the past two years in Edmonton and so far in his time here. Leopards don’t change their spots and garbage hockey players stay garbage.

B. What message did Lucic send?

Do you actually think either Zadorov or McDermid will change how they play because of a sucker punch and hugfest?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
A. The guy doesn’t deserve a fair shake because he has shown that he has ECHL level skills the past two years in Edmonton and so far in his time here. Leopards don’t change their spots and garbage hockey players stay garbage.

B. What message did Lucic send?

Do you actually think either Zadorov or McDermid will change how they play because of a sucker punch and hugfest?

For sure in the LA game, the fight changed the momentum.
At least it woke up the Flames, the team full of "talent" but passive and lazy players.

BTW, I am not a big Lucic fan, I dont think they can depend on him to bring anything more than toughness and energy. Not more than an enforcer on the team.

Problem is the bottom lines are playing like shit and fans are screaming more production from Lucic. It's not going to happen.

He can be useful on a good team but on a bad team he is useless.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I consider the Elliotte Friedman theory about needing to be in a playoff spot at American Thanksgiving and as well I think the parity in the nhl is even tighter this year........so no not outright panic yet but we cannot have this arrogance about “nah we’re fine” just because of our record last year. Consider that we are still on a one year in one year out playoff trend not a divisional title trend. Plus getting absolutely owned by a young, fast team to end our year and we have continued on with that type of play. So really we are on 10 game crap streak here.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago

This is funny because 3 hours north their leopard changed its spots and has nearly as many goals as the Flames do this season.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
This is funny because 3 hours north their leopard changed its spots and has nearly as many goals as the Flames do this season.

No he didn’t he just was able to tap in gifts in the PP.

He still is a big negative 5 on 5 and relies on others to create his goals for him.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
For sure in the LA game, the fight changed the momentum.
At least it woke up the Flames, the team full of "talent" but passive and lazy players.

BTW, I am not a big Lucic fan, I dont think they can depend on him to bring anything more than toughness and energy. Not more than an enforcer on the team.

Problem is the bottom lines are playing like **** and fans are screaming more production from Lucic. It's not going to happen.

He can be useful on a good team but on a bad team he is useless.

Tkachuks skill changed that game. Lucic did nothing to create a single one of those goals. It was Tkachuks ability not Lucic hugging it out with Macdermid that did anything.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Tkachuks skill changed that game. Lucic did nothing to create a single one of those goals. It was Tkachuks ability not Lucic hugging it out with Macdermid that did anything.

That is true but Tkachuk and company were sleeping before the fight. They do a lot of that. I think they fell behind on most if not all the games this year.

Point is as little as it is, Lucic can contribute to this team in a small way.

BTW, do you remember the real deal in the playoff? That's the picture of a quitter in the dictionary. We just exchanged trash with the neighbor but somehow our trash is smelling good up North LMAO

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Neal-Lucic trade, meh, doesn’t make much of a difference; the real negative is the cap space being used as a result of the original Neal free agent deal; our top 6 has two big voids and the #1 factor affecting that is the 5.25 cap hit being utilized in the bottom 6

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Neal-Lucic trade, meh, doesn’t make much of a difference; the real negative is the cap space being used as a result of the original Neal free agent deal; our top 6 has two big voids and the #1 factor affecting that is the 5.25 cap hit being utilized in the bottom 6

Also Bennett and Jank were supposed to be on the top 6 by now. But that will never happen now.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
For people ragging on Lucic's TOI still, the reason was the second PP was out for too long because Brodes and Ras were just playing pass. 14-15 will be his norm and I am fine with that. Bennett and Janko didnt even deserve to play in the third... I am surprised Bill even gave them a chance.

Also I feel like Bill is still afraid of being critical of his goalies, after what happened in Carolina with Lack. It seemed obvious to most of us after the score was 4-2 that Rittich should have been pulled. It was not just the soft goals but also he rebound control was awful last night. I believe in big save dave but sometimes you need to give a good goalie a yank to 1) change momentum, 2) give them a break and 3) piss them off to play better. Most great goalies have been pulled so he shouldn't have been shy about it... maybe its still early in the season but every game counts.

Reactions: GumbyCan2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad