GDT: Flames at Golden Knights: 8pm on HNIC (SN1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Meh. With better goaltending, this game would have been extremely different. Certainly not a game to be hugely discouraged about. Hope they have enough in the tank for tomorrow. I hate the Sharks more than I hate the Knights.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We have the same record as TB and they just got beat by Ottawa. This team just has to be at .500 or slightly above after October

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I said edge to Tre, definitely not a fleecing. Don't look now, but Hamilton is leading the league in plus/minus and is second in points among defensemen.

Ferland getting concussed again after the trade kinda makes the comparison moot at this point. He might be done as a physical forward for good.

Ferlands problem is his lack of skill. Pre-concussion he was nowhere close to putting the numbers Lindholm is.

Yes Hamilton is playing well early, but so is Hanifin.

Not a fleecing, I’ve already commented on how easily that term is tossed around, but a clear win for the Flames that really improved our team.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We have the same record as TB and they just got beat by Ottawa. This team just has to be at .500 or slightly above after October

Fun fact, we have 1 less point 5 games into this season than last.
It's still so early; and we're not 1-4-0 or something. Considering we've had Colorado, Dallas and Vegas in our first 5 games is worth noting... those are 3 teams people are projecting as Western conference leaders.

I'm slightly concerned about the depth of this team; but if we could get someone not on our top two lines shooting 37% we'd all be pigs in shit too :laugh:

Let's see how the boys respond tomorrow.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Kane's guaranteed a hat trick tomorrow so yeah, it's going to be a long weekend.

Peters needs to be better.

I agree. Bennett, Backlund and Lucic all had a minute more of PP time than Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk and Lindholm.

What the f***.

And Hanifin with under 20 minutes of ice-time, 4 guys with more than 20 so he was 5th on the team in ice-time yet he is BY FAR the best Flames d-man this year AINEC.

Again what the f***.

1 positive that continued this game is the Flames slaughtered the Knights in the dot. Only Ryan was below 50%, everyone else was at least in the 60's. Monahan is hovering around 70% for the year in the dot.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I agree. Bennett, Backlund and Lucic all had a minute more of PP time than Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk and Lindholm.

What the ****.

And Hanifin with under 20 minutes of ice-time, 4 guys with more than 20 so he was 5th on the team in ice-time yet he is BY FAR the best Flames d-man this year AINEC.

Again what the ****.

1 positive that continued this game is the Flames slaughtered the Knights in the dot. Only Ryan was below 50%, everyone else was at least in the 60's. Monahan is hovering around 70% for the year in the dot.
Our top line drew at least two, maybe three of the PPs. Hence they weren't available to start those PPs. Nothing to do with coaching. Watch the game.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Lucic played 15:41 tonight... more than Tkachuk, mangiapane, Frolik, Ryan...

****ing gross.

He played almost a full 2 minutes on the PP to end the second period. It's a big time difference maker.

Outside of people who bitch, just to bitch; did anyone actually have an issue with Milan's game tonight? He was a positive possession player who looked like a monster protecting the puck on the boards. Seriously kiddies, if you're not even going to give the guy a nod for a solid game, may as well check in the flaming C crest and pick up the orange drop.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Our top line drew at least two, maybe three of the PPs. Hence they weren't available to start those PPs. Nothing to do with coaching. Watch the game.

Call a time out then. Double shift them since they're the only ones doing anything. There's multiple things a coach can do when only 1 line shows up to give them more ice-time.

Nice call out though.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

What the ****.

To end the second period, the first line played a long shift; and the second unit essentially played out the period with like 1:40ish left. They had a really good PP there too, with pressure and a bunch of chances.

This happens when the top line is the only one generating. Means they're on the ice more, and they're drawing more penalties... sometimes events like this (I.E sustained pressure from the second unit) will get their TOI up.

Noah doesn't play the PP (For some unknown reason); only reason he wasn't above Ras and TJ.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
He played almost a full 2 minutes on the PP to end the second period. It's a big time difference maker.

Outside of people who *****, just to *****; did anyone actually have an issue with Milan's game tonight? He was a positive possession player who looked like a monster protecting the puck on the boards. Seriously kiddies, if you're not even going to give the guy a nod for a solid game, may as well check in the flaming C crest and pick up the orange drop.

Lucic has been fine this year. He hasn't produced offensively and hasn't looked dangerous, but he's not actively costing the Flames like Jankowski, Bennett, Frolik are.

I have had no problems with him this year, sure I don't want him on the team because of his contract and he doesn't produce, but he isn't hurting the team like others are.

Reactions: Ladyfan

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Outside of people who *****, just to *****; did anyone actually have an issue with Milan's game tonight? He was a positive possession player who looked like a monster protecting the puck on the boards. Seriously kiddies, if you're not even going to give the guy a nod for a solid game, may as well check in the flaming C crest and pick up the orange drop.

He’s had what, 3 shots in 5 games?

Our bottom 6 is beyond an offensive hole right now. Lucic is the kind of guy who should be getting closer to 9-10 minutes a game. Playing him 16 minutes is just being silly.

That’s not to say jankowski or Bennett have done better, but why is mangiapane only getting 10 minutes a night?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Kane's guaranteed a hat trick tomorrow so yeah, it's going to be a long weekend.

Peters needs to be better.

I think Calgary plays a lot tougher when he's not on the ice.
Like Evander Kane scares anyone in the NHL :laugh:

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013

Honestly, thought Milan was decent. He had some good board play, a couple hits and wasn't a liability for the most part on the ice. He was the best player on that second PP which looked terrible and never took a shot. Not expecting him to be a difference maker every night so fine with his game tonight.

Bennett and Jankowski on the other hand...

Also this game would have been different if Rittich wasnt worn / off his game. We lost it due to weak goals and rebound control, bound to happen so no need to panic too much yet. Long season ahead as long as he doesnt do this every night from now on...

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Meh. With better goaltending, this game would have been extremely different. Certainly not a game to be hugely discouraged about. Hope they have enough in the tank for tomorrow. I hate the Sharks more than I hate the Knights.

Yeah the goalie would have to be perfect for the Flames to win

Not sure what you are watching but I have not seen the Flames generating any kind of consistent scoring chances.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Flames lose.

download-jpg.263995

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad