GDT: Flames at Golden Knights: 5pm MT on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
They've had some horrible blowouts already. The last Vegas game was a 6-2 loss as well.
Many already this season, just counting games to where I can recall them saying they played poorly: 4-3 OTL vs. LA, 6-2 L vs. Vegas, 4-1 L vs. LA, 6-5 OTW vs. Nashville, 4-3 OTW vs. Arizona, probably forgetting some too but man this seasons been absolute trash

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
For the team to be better...the following people need to go

1)Peters
2)Johnny
3)Monahan

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Third period was a farce, but everything else is curable by just breaking the dam. We seem to go through a stretch like this every season (probably every team does) where everyone collectively loses confidence, no one shoots with confidence, and we second guess every play and turn the puck over.

Just score a damn goal. The chances are there.

Reactions: Boomstick

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Third period was a farce, but everything else is curable by just breaking the dam. We seem to go through a stretch like this every season (probably every team does) where everyone collectively loses confidence, no one shoots with confidence, and we second guess every play and turn the puck over.

Just score a damn goal. The chances are there.

Disagree.

Team has no speed through the neutral zone. chances are most certainly not there.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Was at the game tonight. It really wasn’t terrible until fleury makes that big save and then they come down and make it 3-0. Talbot has to stop that shot and then after that the defensive coverage was horrible.

The team lacks confidence and the top line is pretty much silent. Could be a long year. Talbot really wasn’t bad but he’s just not the guy to make a timely big save like fleury did.

Last edited:

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Right now the best thing is to dump the crap, get picks and use this year as a retool.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Disagree.

Team has no speed through the neutral zone. chances are most certainly not there.

They absolutely are. If you apply the term "chances" retrospectively using goals as the criteria, then sure, we had no chances.

We would have even more chances if we played with confidence.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
If every team below us wins their games in hand (not that realistic, I know) we would be 14th in the West only ahead of the Wild. Yikes

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
They don't got it but let em play for another month and then maybe look to trade a dman and depth forwards and get a top 8 pick

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If every team below us wins their games in hand (not that realistic, I know) we would be 14th in the West only ahead of the Wild. Yikes

Yup, was going to post this.

Chicago has 3 games in hand.
Anaheim has 2 games in hand.
Nashville has 4 games in hand.
San Jose has 2 games in hand.

To pass us these teams only need 1 win in any of their games.

Los Angeles and Minnesota could tie our record with their 3 games in hand (well Minny would be 1 point back). And the teams above us also have games in hand (1 or 2).

And the Flames next 5 games are St. Louis, Colorado, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Philly. Other than maybe Philly, I see us losing all those games.

Some fans aren't panicking because of the faux .500 record, but we've won 6 games in regulation 23 games. Over 82 games that extrapolates to just over 21 regulation wins. Now I expect us to get better, but still it's been a quarter of the season AND the Flames with this core usually falls off a cliff in the latter part of the season.

At this point if fans don't think we're in the tank discussion their delusional.

U3uLmTv.gif

Reactions: FlamerForLife

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Woof, that is ugly. Glad I didn't sink my time into that one.

Maybe the team is shaken by what happened to Brodie? They were bad before that happened though, so who knows really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->