GDT: Flames at Dogs: 7pm MT on SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
It's real promising to get wins against Colorado and Zona. If we lost these games you know we just don't stack up at all against any of the better teams. It's good to see every line chipping in cause that's the only way we're going anywhere this year, as we don't have a Boston or Colorado first line to carry the load.. just have to keep it going and have everyone playing hard into the playoffs.

The transition game seems to be back and people are actually going to the middle of the ice instead and getting rewarded. I'm kind of thinking that Peter's had them trying to play like the Blues after the Avs rolled over us in the playoffs, but we don't have the personnel to play that way.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
As they are expected too

Only an idiot would think they are good enough to carry the team by themselves.

It's not a coincidence that the team does well when Dube, lucic, Ryan and even rinaldo started contributing

I am glad Ward understand this

I agree that we need all 4 lines contributing but also don't see how our top 6 wasn't good enough last game.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Finally boys are rolling. Hope Gaudreau can start stringing some points together. On an unrelated note (with all due respect) can that guy with the patrick picture stop commenting on the Oilers atl its cringe. I go there to read their salt its cringy seeing a Flames fan there.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I agree that we need all 4 lines contributing but also don't see how our top 6 wasn't good enough last game.
Ok but that was not my point
My point is our top 6 can not carry the team like the oils, avs, bruins, pens etc....

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Finally boys are rolling. Hope Gaudreau can start stringing some points together. On an unrelated note (with all due respect) can that guy with the patrick picture stop commenting on the Oilers atl its cringe. I go there to read their salt its cringy seeing a Flames fan there.

Why? I mean don’t get me wrong it’s fun to see hot takes, but I don’t take issue with most of the members on their board. Considering how dead hfflames is in comparison, it’s nice to have even a semblance of a convo that doesn’t take 3 hrs to get a response.

If only cp would disappear off the map so we could have a larger community. It’s pretty much a dozen or so of the same posters with a few others who come around occasionally around here.

Reactions: King In The North

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
On an unrelated note (with all due respect) can that guy with the patrick picture stop commenting on the Oilers atl its cringe. I go there to read their salt its cringy seeing a Flames fan there.

I'm okay with that. I'm more bothered by the guys who post "go check out what they're saying about us!"

I stay out of their part of the boards cause I don't have any interest in what they have to say so don't come dragging that trash into here.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Why? I mean don’t get me wrong it’s fun to see hot takes, but I don’t take issue with most of the members on their board. Considering how dead hfflames is in comparison, it’s nice to have even a semblance of a convo that doesn’t take 3 hrs to get a response.

If only cp would disappear off the map so we could have a larger community. It’s pretty much a dozen or so of the same posters with a few others who come around occasionally around here.
I get it but i feel like theres no reason to go if there gonna bash u whenever u comment against them. Hope i didnt come off as rude or anything.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I get it but i feel like theres no reason to go if there gonna bash u whenever u comment against them. Hope i didnt come off as rude or anything.

It’s fine man. I do want to clarify though that I don’t go there to bash, just have some conversation going on. It’s tough always doing that here considering how small our community is, and frankly they are a somewhat relatable fanbase to talk to at times.

Super are you in our Discord chat?

Nope. I’ll consider it if I ever bother making an account.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
It’s fine man. I do want to clarify though that I don’t go there to bash, just have some conversation going on. It’s tough always doing that here considering how small our community is, and frankly they are a somewhat relatable fanbase to talk to at times.

Nope. I’ll consider it if I ever bother making an account.
Yea the community here is very small and i find CP is just an echochamber

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

I consider CP like a dive bar with a large contingent of drunken regulars. If you go there to ruffle a few feathers, you're going to get a beer bottle to the head. If you walk in without "respecting the regular contingent" you're off to a rough start and there's seriously no logic to be had to argue with a drunken individual. CP has its place.

CFHF is perhaps like a smaller food establishment that serves drinks. It's quiet, quaint and there's also a friendly contingent of individuals willing to have a laugh over a conversation. It's not as rowdy or loud like a dive bar, but it's fine because it's easier to have a conversation without a bar fight breaking out.

Reddit is a little weird to me though. It feels like going to the farmer's market, knowing your friends are there, but you have a hell of a time finding them and a few hours later, you just give up and do your own thing.

If you want some interesting conversations though and CFHF is quiet, on occasion having some conversations on other teams boards and trying to understand their team in the same way they understand their team is IMO an interesting endeavor.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->