GDT: Flames at Devils: 5pm MT on SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Obviously happy with the win. But damn does our bottom six do absolute sweet f*** all. Move Stajan to the 3rd line, he's probably been the best of the bunch. Janko to the 4th...and pretty much pray that Tre can nab another scoring threat. I'd package Bennett for the right player, but outside of an ideal top 6 RW upgrade, we need to just be patient with him.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I thought The 2nd pair had one of their best games (aside from Hamonic's penalty to adjust the score to The Plan) and Gio was amazing defensively. Hamilton assisted the first goal with a hard, high shot but also cost us goal 2 with a Justin Schultz Special. Kulak had a great game, Stone is replaceable and I wouldn't mind seeing if we can package him for a 3rd line RW. Brouwer wasn't brutal by his stamdards but clearly a liability as he missed targets on so many passes and is never able to get open.

2nd line was elite with 0 finish

I like the idea of like Stone for a winger with two years on their deal.

Stone + Gillies

For Zuccarello

Then put Zooks with Backlund and Tkachuk. Frolik with Bennett and Janko and hope they can be air right.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
1st line is carrying this team and it really needs to change if we want to have any hope in going far in the playoffs. 2nd line may dominate possession and play good defensively, but they don't score enough 5 on 5 to take the weight off the 1st line. We really need another scoring threat to replace Frolik; he's good don't get me wrong, but he's more of a 2B/3A player and Tkachuk is a top line talent and needs more offensive linemates. I have no idea what to do with the 3rd line, contrary to what some people here think Bennett has been playing way better than Jankowski and Brouwer is just a blackhole of hockey. The 4th line is what it is, 2 tweeners who provide energy and no offense and a center who was over the hill back in the Vancouver series 3 years ago yet continues to get ice-time.

Having a bottom 6 that contributes pretty much nothing, but plays nearly half the game really is frustrating to watch, at least the 2nd line when they aren't scoring can dominate other teams. Luckily Johnny is dominating now and Monahan is back to early season Monahan and is beasting again. Team is being carried by the two of them right now.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I like the idea of like Stone for a winger with two years on their deal.

Stone + Gillies

For Zuccarello

Then put Zooks with Backlund and Tkachuk. Frolik with Bennett and Janko and hope they can be air right.

Lol everyone here would do this trade but you’re not even close to Zucc’s value. Goalies don’t have a ton of value in the league and Stone’s contract isn’t perceived as good around the league as he’s considered a 5-6 option (he can play top 4 and the contract isn’t awful). The ask for Zucc from us would probably be 1st + one of Andersson/Fox/Vali + another small add or something along those lines and I don’t think we can afford to pay that

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Lol everyone here would do this trade but you’re not even close to Zucc’s value. Goalies don’t have a ton of value in the league and Stone’s contract isn’t perceived as good around the league as he’s considered a 5-6 option (he can play top 4 and the contract isn’t awful). The ask for Zucc from us would probably be 1st + one of Andersson/Fox/Vali + another small add or something along those lines and I don’t think we can afford to pay that

Well I studied economics. And I understand how supply and demand works. They have to get a better offer from another team. Gillies could still be viewed as a top prospect. Even if he’s not by the HF ‘experts’.

And Stone is still a good D man. Regardless of what people say on here.

A year and a half of Zuccarello in return for Gillies and two and a half years of Stone is not bad. There are lots of wingers out there.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Well I studied economics. And I understand how supply and demand works. They have to get a better offer from another team. Gillies could still be viewed as a top prospect. Even if he’s not by the HF ‘experts’.

And Stone is still a good D man. Regardless of what people say on here.

A year and a half of Zuccarello in return for Gillies and two and a half years of Stone is not bad. There are lots of wingers out there.

They’ll hold onto him before moving him for that. A rebuilding team wouldn’t want Stone anyway, he’ll be traded to a contender or middling team for a 2nd/3rd this summer most likely. I love Gillies but he’s not going to get the return a lot of people think he will.

Zucc is very underrated, he’s a proven 60 point NHLer. Minimum NY takes for him is a 1st + A prospect imo albeit I’m only an economics minor.

To me that’s too much to pay for someone we’re going to stick on the third line, no sense breaking up the chemistry we have going in the top 6 right now

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
They’ll hold onto him before moving him for that. A rebuilding team wouldn’t want Stone anyway, he’ll be traded to a contender or middling team for a 2nd/3rd this summer most likely. I love Gillies but he’s not going to get the return a lot of people think he will.

Zucc is very underrated, he’s a proven 60 point NHLer. Minimum NY takes for him is a 1st + A prospect imo albeit I’m only an economics minor.

To me that’s too much to pay for someone we’re going to stick on the third line, no sense breaking up the chemistry we have going in the top 6 right now

Yes they can hold onto him and wait for better value, but that doesn't mean it'll happen. Look at the supply of LHS wingers right now...I'm betting a few guys will be moved at the deadline at lower then their perceived value. Treliving will be in on someone for sure, hate it or love it, he's a GM who likes to tinker and rarely stands pat. Especially when our need for another scoring threat is so obvious.

Zuc would be a great add, but he is one of the guys who holds more value than most. My hope is still Pageau for a reasonable price.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hey wait a minute we're second in the division

We're a small run away from making some room, or a small skid away from being out of it. It's crazy, that 7 game losing streak. If we would have won the games we were winning and finished the game off, we'd be second probably leading by 6-8 points.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
We're a small run away from making some room, or a small skid away from being out of it. It's crazy, that 7 game losing streak. If we would have won the games we were winning and finished the game off, we'd be second probably leading by 6-8 points.

Thank God we took so many of em to OT. We'd be well behind without those loser points.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Thank God we took so many of em to OT. We'd be well behind without those loser points.

On the other hand, considering we were unbeaten in regulation 4 straight games, it's ridiculous that we didn't manage to win even one of them. We would be in such a better position if we'd split those games.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
On the other hand, considering we were unbeaten in regulation 4 straight games, it's ridiculous that we didn't manage to win even one of them. We would be in such a better position if we'd split those games.

Lots of shoulda coulda wouldas with this team this year. Special teams, OT wins, home records... the West is so tight that an improvement in any of these positions would have us in a dead heat with Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad