Rumor: Flames and Senators pursuing fwd Joakim Nygard of Farjestad BK in Swedish Hockey League

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Backlund, Lindholm, Andersson, Fantenburg, Kylington and quite a few more in the AHL. 5 is relatively high, there might be a few teams with more or close to the same amount
How many of them are regulars though? Backlund, Lindholm, & Andersson?

Right now it looks like Buffalo will be the most Swedish team next season with Dahlin, Olofsson, Nylander, Pilut, Larsson(?), & Ullmark as regulars.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If he wants a roster spot right away he should look a bit north of Calgary...

Most likely he'd instantly become our best natural winger.

yup Pulju can tell him all about it

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Right now it looks like Buffalo will be the most Swedish team next season with Dahlin, Olofsson, Nylander, Pilut, Larsson(?), & Ullmark as regulars.

Fantenberg and Kylington are more "regular" than Nylander

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Never said Nylander was a regular, did I?

Edit: And by the way, Olofsson is even less of a regular right now.

I dont know....I just quoted this below. Sound to me like you are questioning Fantenberg and Kylington while claiming Nylander as a regular (next year)

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
And they're more regular than Carl Grundström, & Erik Brännström too...?
Is Nylander the same as Austin Matthews?

BTW, Kylington is better than A Nylander. You can take that to the bank

Last edited:

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA

Ducks have Lindholm, Rakell, Silf and Larsson and Lundestrom coming up. Traded Pettersson

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
That's why I believe ottawa will be a prime destination for middle six UFAs this summer on short term deals.

I don't think there's that many open spots...

Tierney
Tkachuk
Ryan
White
Boedker
Smith
Duclair
Balcers
Pageau

Ufas:
paajarvi
gibbons
Lindberg

Prospects pushing:
Batherson
Veronneau
Paul
Chlapik
Formenton
Brown
Abramov
Norris

You'd think a ufa will be back and at least 2 prospects will make the jump.

Last edited:

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
I don't think there's that many open spots...

Tierney
Tkachuk
Ryan
White
Boedker
Smith
Duclair
Balcers
Pageau

Ufas:
paajarvi
gibbons
Lindberg

Prospects pushing:
Batherson
Veronneau
Paul
Chlapik
Formenton
Brown
Abramov
Norris

You'd think a ufa will be back and at least 2 prospects will make the jump.
Good list. I think Boedker and Smith are most at risk of being moved at the draft along with Ottawa taking some form of cap dump for picks or to move up in the draft. Paajarvi has been a good soldier and with time on the third line has shown some production so I could see him and Gibbons sticking around at 1 million each for 1 year or 2 at the most. Batherson has killed it in the ahl and deserves to start in the nhl next year. Brown has done well, but would like to see him do it in the ahl for another half season for his confidence. The most interesting prospect is Paul, he has been exceptional as of late. Not sure if that is a confidence or playing with high end players issue, if it is a high end partner issue it might be difficult for him to succeed in the nhl on a 3rd or 4th line and he could be trade bait.

Other than that leave the prospects in the ahl until they are dominating.

If Ottawa does something to pick up some veterans in the summer, I think it will be with an eye on trading them at the trade deadline for picks. I don’t see Ottawa spending picks on veterans that they will have to expose to Seattle.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Backlund, Lindholm, Andersson, Fantenburg, Kylington and quite a few more in the AHL. 5 is relatively high, there might be a few teams with more or close to the same amount

+ Hakan Loob in the org. That's and ace hiding up Calgary's sleeve when it comes to Swedes I bet.

Reactions: crackdown44

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I’m sure teammate Wikstrand can tell him all about Senators...
Wikstrand has said he regrets how he handled the situation, as he should. He was a kid in a tough situation but he dealt with it very poorly. I would be surprised if he has much negative to say about the Sens

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Wikstrand has said he regrets how he handled the situation, as he should. He was a kid in a tough situation but he dealt with it very poorly. I would be surprised if he has much negative to say about the Sens
His latest quotes were about Sens management calling him a ”mommas boy” for going home to be with his brother and how they broke their promise to loan him back to Sweden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad