GDT: Flames and Loathing in Las Vegas CGY @ VGK 8pm MDT

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
If we go 9-4 and peg goes 7-6 we'd be in. We need to beat them by a pt due to row. Ofc Nashville could knock us both out. "Fun" ahead.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
the-avengers-marvel.gif

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
Does anyone else think some combination of Dube/Coleman - Kadri/Dube - Duehr could create some havoc with a speedy forecheck? Maybe it would be a good way to get Kadri away from Huberdeau if Nazem is set on being a puck hog and shooting muffins.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
If we go 9-4 and peg goes 7-6 we'd be in. We need to beat them by a pt due to row. Ofc Nashville could knock us both out. "Fun" ahead.
Two games ago I said they need to finish with .600 points % to be a lock. That's ending the season with 98 points.

1-0-1 so far.

Three down, 22 points to go. 13 games left.

Other teams can lose and would make it easier.

Stupid hope.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
So what are the odds that Sutter will use this game as an excuse to not play Pelletier and Duehr again this season?

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
So what are the odds that Sutter will use this game as an excuse to not play Pelletier and Duehr again this season?

We can hope but I imagine both will get chances again, do nothing as usual and get a ton of praise for it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
For next game, I certainly don't expect a change.

If they continue to win with the lineup rolled out yesterday, odds are fairly good they'll stick with the same lineup. If they lose a game or two, figure they'll draw back in.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Fourth line had zeros across the board I believe.
In a 7 goal game.

Surprised Duehr came out, although he maybe reaggravated something. That guy is a prototype Sutter player, so I don't think he'll be out for long.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Two games ago I said they need to finish with .600 points % to be a lock. That's ending the season with 98 points.

1-0-1 so far.

Three down, 22 points to go. 13 games left.

Other teams can lose and would make it easier.

Stupid hope.
Honestly going off historical numbers may not be the way to go, with the Preds having an absolute gauntlet of schedule ahead (3 games left against teams lower than them in the standings, and games against Toronto, Bruins, Carolina, Colorado, Vegas etc), and Winnipegs current trajectory being less than ideal having gone 4-9-2 over their last 15. If Winnipeg doesn’t improve their current play which they very well might, that’s an 87-88 points finish. Or if Nashville only goes .500 over the hardest remaining schedule in the league that’s 91 points. Pretty easy to see a path where a 92-94 points could actually equal us being in, and that’d be about a 8-5-0, or more realistically for us, a 7-3-3 or 6-3-4 finish. For either of those teams to hit 97 points, the Jets would have to finish around 9-3-0 and the Preds 10-4-2 (we would also have to get 22 of the remaining 26 points which would be a Herculean run).

Honestly, Flames are in a good spot to control their destiny unless either team goes on an absolute tear (Winnipeg is set up for this unfortunately), both teams play each other twice and we play both once. A strong finish by us and taking both our games against those two set us up well. Guessing the final wildcard spot goes to whichever team hits 94-95 points.

TL;DR We get a win in Dallas tomorrow and Preds beat Winnipeg in regulation, our path to the playoffs starts looking pretty realistic.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Honestly going off historical numbers may not be the way to go, with the Preds having an absolute gauntlet of schedule ahead (3 games left against teams lower than them in the standings, and games against Toronto, Bruins, Carolina, Colorado, Vegas etc), and Winnipegs current trajectory being less than ideal having gone 4-9-2 over their last 15. If Winnipeg doesn’t improve their current play which they very well might, that’s an 87-88 points finish. Or if Nashville only goes .500 over the hardest remaining schedule in the league that’s 91 points. Pretty easy to see a path where a 92-94 points could actually equal us being in, and that’d be about a 8-5-0, or more realistically for us, a 7-3-3 or 6-3-4 finish. For either of those teams to hit 97 points, the Jets would have to finish around 9-3-0 and the Preds 10-4-2 (we would also have to get 22 of the remaining 26 points which would be a Herculean run).

Honestly, Flames are in a good spot to control their destiny unless either team goes on an absolute tear (Winnipeg is set up for this unfortunately), both teams play each other twice and we play both once. A strong finish by us and taking both our games against those two set us up well. Guessing the final wildcard spot goes to whichever team hits 94-95 points.

TL;DR We get a win in Dallas tomorrow and Preds beat Winnipeg in regulation, our path to the playoffs starts looking pretty realistic.
True but that balances out by the Flames playing down to their opponents. :laugh:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
How the hell do you beat Dallas, handily beat Vegas and Ottawa, pull out a shootout win against the Wild then lose to the Ducks in regulation and get a loser point off the Yotes.

If the team shows up down the stretch the playoffs should be in shot, we play Nashville and the Jets which are massive games and will most likely determine the last spot as those are 2 of the last 4 games.

We get the Ducks, Sharks, Blackhawks and Canucks in April. Like if we can't make the playoffs, team deserves what it gets. Only real tough games left are Vegas again and 2 against LA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad