Rumor: Flames and Lindholm Closing in on an Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
A guy with a very good reputation as an insider on r/calgaryflames said that it's going to be 5.25x6.

I’m totally fine with this. I project Lindy to be a regular 50-60pt guy for us, so that’s a fair deal. Hopefully he surpasses my expectations, but I’m just hoping for a modest improvement from him.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That's like Brodie level. Awesome if Tre can get 6 years at that price.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
That's like Brodie level. Awesome if Tre can get 6 years at that price.
Well, aside from the fact that Brodie (at the time of his contract signing) was a top pairing D who was putting up similar offensive numbers to Lindholm (as a defenceman).

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Well, aside from the fact that Brodie (at the time of his contract signing) was a top pairing D who was putting up similar offensive numbers to Lindholm (as a defenceman).

That Brodie contract would've been unreal if he'd continued to notch 45 points a year. It's still not bad.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
That Brodie contract would've been unreal if he'd continued to notch 45 points a year. It's still not bad.
Yeah, I was jazzed for it at the time. It has turned into an okay value contract for a guy who's struggled recently, but man was it good value at the signing.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, I was jazzed for it at the time. It has turned into an okay value contract for a guy who's struggled recently, but man was it good value at the signing.

Yeah but maybe Brodie knows he is a 4.5M guy and plays that way...lol

He certainly hasnt given the Flames a penny more in the last 2 yrs

Last edited:

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Would've liked a touch less money and a year less commitment but that's really not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->