Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire Nikita Zadorov for a 3rd round pick (from TOR)

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
How many LDs do we need? I know we just lost Gio but that should give our NHL ready guys the opportunity not just acquire another guy for the logjam. If we really have such little faith in Kilington just let him be free and stop burying him. This is worse than the Oilers with Bouchard.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
How many LDs do we need? I know we just lost Gio but that should give our NHL ready guys the opportunity not just acquire another guy for the logjam. If we really have such little faith in Kilington just let him be free and stop burying him. This is worse than the Oilers with Bouchard.
I feel like someone's headed out via trade. Whether to make room for Kylington or Mackey, or dealing one of those guys.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Just saying, but how many top 4D did the flames DEVELOP since phaneuf was shipped out of town? I’ve got Brodie and Andersson on that list.

At some point you have to give your own guys a chance.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
RFA fits Treliving's MO.
Fits a top 4 D need.
Nasty dude. Fits Dutter's MO.
Helps to continue opening the gateway for more Russians. Tank the next target?

Didn't have him on radar at all but it makes sense seeing it happen. Russian Reggie?

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Just saying, but how many top 4D did the flames DEVELOP since phaneuf was shipped out of town? I’ve got Brodie and Andersson on that list.

At some point you have to give your own guys a chance.
Can't develop them if we healthy scratch them for years.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Can't develop them if we healthy scratch them for years.

Can’t develop them when you wanna “compete” and need low risk low reward players like zadorov.

I also wonder how his dcore is gonna contribute to transition and help our fwd group drive play. Right now it seems like that philosophy is out the window.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
He's RFA right? I was quickly googling him and saw his contract ended 2021. Ok trade I guess but let's see what kind of contract he gets. And I honestly thought he'd be almost 30 but he's only 26.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Can’t develop them when you wanna “compete” and need low risk low reward players like zadorov.

I also wonder how his dcore is gonna contribute to transition and help our fwd group drive play. Right now it seems like that philosophy is out the window.
I think you'll see a puck mover paired with a low risk guy, especially since Zadorov can play on the right side of the ice. That's a Sutter thing. In addition, it doesn't look like Zad plays a real peaceful game either, we haven't had that on the back end in a while.

Something along the idea of
Hanifin - Tanev
Valimaki - Andersson
Kylington/Mackey - Zadorov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad