Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire Forbert for a Conditional 4th round pick (2021)

Fire Treliving

Jan 11, 2014
I honestly do not know what to say that won’t get me banned, but I’ll risk it. Brad, you and your depth defensemen can go to (someplace very hot). The guy has completely lost it.
Can anybody tell me what is the direction of this team? Are we still rebuilding or are we contenders? Honestly, I don’t know.

If Treliving believes in this group, why didn’t he do anything to improve the most glaring need – scoring? If he doesn’t, why didn’t he sell our pending UFA’s? He was preaching about how they’re looking at players with term, not rentals, then why the hell did he add two more UFA’s? Had Brodie been traded, I could at least have understood those additions
Same thing with coaching. Does he believe in Ward? If so, why is he still the interim coach? Why hasn’t he officially been appointed as head coach? If not, why hasn’t he replaced him? He has three excellent replacements just waiting, four if you count Sutter.

What is he doing?! What is the direction of this team?
If you think about it, the guy hasn’t made any moves to improve this team in a year and a half now. Wow…

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
You didn't ask for it so here you go

4th + Davidson for Forbert. Aight bet

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
This organization is stupid. Anyone who thinks this is a good depth pick up is an idiot plain and simple. If you trade for actual good players then you get depth, trading for garbage is not depth.

Just the annual "waste a pick" trade.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
I honestly do not know what to say that won’t get me banned, but I’ll risk it. Brad, you and your depth defensemen can go to (someplace very hot). The guy has completely lost it.
Can anybody tell me what is the direction of this team? Are we still rebuilding or are we contenders? Honestly, I don’t know.

If Treliving believes in this group, why didn’t he do anything to improve the most glaring need – scoring? If he doesn’t, why didn’t he sell our pending UFA’s? He was preaching about how they’re looking at players with term, not rentals, then why the hell did he add two more UFA’s? Had Brodie been traded, I could at least have understood those additions
Same thing with coaching. Does he believe in Ward? If so, why is he still the interim coach? Why hasn’t he officially been appointed as head coach? If not, why hasn’t he replaced him? He has three excellent replacements just waiting, four if you count Sutter.

What is he doing?! What is the direction of this team?
If you think about it, the guy hasn’t made any moves to improve this team in a year and a half now. Wow…

He needs to look like he's not giving up on the season and he doesnt have the assets/cap space for a significant add.

AA went for two seconds. Lazar, Hamonic, Elliot, there are your second rounders.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Well don't expect an upgrade honestly. He's a 7th defenseman at best right now. He's a former 1st round pick that's never lived up to that.

Wasnt he playing with Doughty? What happened there.

But then again, we were sold a bill of goods on Stone because "he played with OEL in Arizona so he must be decent"

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Wasnt he playing with Doughty? What happened there.

He played with Doughty for most of the last four years because the organization either thought that going 15th overall in the draft meant that he had raw, untapped potential or they were just trying to save face. It was blatantly obvious even four years ago that he would never develop into what he was originally projected to be, but they were in denial and insisted on giving him every opportunity to not bust, to no avail.

Also, it's just been a thing for LA these last 7 or so years to pair Doughty with a young defenseman. He was paired with a green Muzzin during their 2nd Cup run and for a few years after, then with a green McNabb, then with a green Forbort. Doughty's next full-time partner is likely to be 18-year-old Bjornfot, whom they drafted last Summer. I think that the idea is to develop the younger defenseman alongside Doughty until he's good enough to "graduate" down to the 2nd pairing and anchor that, but Forbort never got to that point. He looked OK with Doughty, but lost without him. Because of that, him being really only a 3rd-pairing defenseman and LA being in rebuild mode, he wasn't worth it to them to re-sign this Summer, so he was traded.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->