Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire Daniel Vladar for 3rd

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
People keep saying he ‘has potential’ or is a risk, yet he had a.922 save percentage until his coach sewered him his last game. Boston was missing Mcavoy, Grzelcyk, Carlo and Miller, and with an AHL defense out against Boston the coach just decided to never pull him and let Washington rack up 8 goals.

Prime Hazek was getting lit up with this being in front of him:

Lauzon-Achan
Zboril-Kampfer
Tinordi-Clifton
I watched the goals scored in that game. Most of them were unstoppable. It was almost like he didn't have a defense in front of him.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I know Vladar's promising but this trade feels like a return to those Kipper years where he played 70+

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I know Vladar's promising but this trade feels like a return to those Kipper years where he played 70+
It was always going to be. We barely used Rittich when Markstrom was available. It's probably my biggest complaint with Sutter as a coach he rides his #1 for better or worse

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Boston fans seemed pretty high on him. Seems like a shrewd trade honestly. It seems he was just the odd man out.
as a Bruins fan I hope he does well for you guys. I always thought he would be at a minimum a solid nhl backup

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
as a Bruins fan I hope he does well for you guys. I always thought he would be at a minimum a solid nhl backup

I thought he looked fine last night, maybe a bit nervous in the early going, but he made a couple pretty awesome saves. He didn't get a lot of help unfortunately lol

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Lord Vladar has looked better and more confident with every game so far in preseason. I'm really impressed by his athleticism, he's quite fast and agile for being such a big dude. Handles the puck extremely well. Could probably stand to work a bit on that rebound control, but I have absolutely zero problem with him starting a dozen games this year.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Vladar has been very impressive. Happy he’s getting an opportunity over here when he used to be on a team that didn’t really have goaltending woes.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Remember when Darryl Sutter stole San Jose's third string goalie for a draft pick?

Pepperidge farms remembers.

pepperidge farm.png

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
We need a ride or die atmosphere in net so we can start the death starter era.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Pepperidge farms remembers Darryl wanted San Jose's back up goalie and only settled on the third string goalie when they said no.

Yup.

Sutter: Toskala for a 2nd?
SJS: No
Sutter: Kipprusoff for a 2nd?
SJS: ... ?? No take backs!

It turned out pretty good for both teams tho.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Started bad last night, looked good after that

not very good in the SO but that’s a crapshoot anyway

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
The Flames were out-shot 22-13 (in their 4-1 victory over the Kraken in Kent, WA on Saturday), but Vladar was the difference.

"Vladdy was unbelievable tonight," Froese said. "That's the reason we won this game.

"He was feeling and you could tell, he was seeing everything. We wish we could have helped him out a little more, but he kept us in it."

Vladar has now appeared in four of the Flames' five preseason games, playing more than 184 minutes in the process - more than any other goalie, by far, to this point in the tune-up schedule.

While Jacob Markstrom is likely to see plenty of action over the next week, Vladar has earned his role, and is giving the Flames plenty of confidence in their new backup.

The 24-year-old has a .914 save percentage and a 2.28 goals-against average in exhibition play (so far).

"We knew they were going to be good, but we came ready," Vladar said. "Everybody was focused on the flight, on the bus. Just a great day, you know?

"I wanted to win. It was my fourth game and I hadn't won yet. That was my mindset coming into the game - get a W. It didn't matter how. If it was 7-6 or 2-1 or 1-0... I wanted to get prepared for it.

"I'm happy it worked out."

PREVIEW - FLAMES @ OILERS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad