Post-Game Talk: Flames 4 Oilers 2 - f***ing losers

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
You don't listen to rebuttals or if you do you move the posts like your buddy that you are defending, at that point your being disingenuous like him.

It's not fun for other people when you're spamming a topic with nonsense without actually listening to well reasoned arguments or facts.

Says the poster that consistently refers to others posts as bs, nonsense, disingenuous etc.

It actually seems YOU are unable to process feedback that you are doing this.

yeah, I'm done with your posts.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Results are all that matters.
The fact of the matter is that the Oilers have owned the Flames ass for the most part the last 2+ seasons and the Flames have nothing to brag about in that timeframe.

In any event, I was contesting your original post that the Flames have embarrassed the Oilers in every aspect. Obviously Flames management is better, every management team is better, HFOil could put together a better management team.

The context though is the Flames org was not gifted McD, did not go out of their way to acquire 4 top picks in draft etc. They actually got some big finds like Gaudreau and have been a better run org than us pretty much constantly. I don't know how anybody would disagree. Really its incredible thinking how bad the Oilers would be without McD. Chia has a garbage team here. This is his 4th season and team has garbage depth. Worse lineup on paper than when he started. We're seeing the results.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
The context though is the Flames org was not gifted McD, did not go out of their way to acquire 4 top picks in draft etc. They actually got some big finds like Gaudreau and have been a better run org than us pretty much constantly. I don't know how anybody would disagree. Really its incredible thinking how bad the Oilers would be without McD. Chia has a garbage team here. This is his 4th season and team has garbage depth. Worse lineup on paper than when he started. We're seeing the results.

I don't know, you guys seem to be a decent team this year. Any Oilers or Flames fan right now should look at that game regardless of the final score and say we played pretty damn hard and had a solid game. The flames didn't crush you guys 9-0 right? You had a 2-0 lead and looked dominate for half the game. Hardly a loss that should be completely deflating, the west is wide open this year. If the BOA is gonna look like this going forward, sign me up. Some of the best hockey I've watched all season with a ton of nasty, I love it. A BOA playoff series would be amazing to see and hasn't happened in a long time.

I will concede that the Oilers have depth issues, but a lot of that can be masked by having stars like McDavid. With your record, I certainly wouldn't be throwing in the towel yet.

As for your management, I won't even go there as I'm sure most non rose-tinted glasses fans know that it is bad.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
One could argue that winning the 2015 Draft Lottery was in fact terrible luck for the Oilers. If you had retained your 3rd overall pick you could very well have picked Mitch Marner in that spot which is nothing to sneeze at. I surmise that with Marner in the roster the Oilers would still probably have Hall in their lineup as well as Eberle. A forward lineup of RNH, Marner, Hall, Eberle, and Draisaitl would look pretty sweet for the Oilers. Without McDavid's $12.5m contract I doubt the Oilers would have paid Draisaitly $8.5m... more likely $6.5m. Thats a savings of $14.5m which is more that enough to pay Eberle and a new contract for Marner.
As I look at this further, I think winning the McDavid lottery is possibly the worst thing to happen to the team. The Oilers certainly wouldn't be in cap hell like they are now, and would they even be interested in signing Lucic with the scoring punch of the above mentioned players in your lineup?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
How could it not be obvious to you I was referring to the rookie, Patrick Russell?

As far as Spooner, no, I do not believe for an instant that in 2018 you should fly a player in in trade and play them the same day before they are familiar with schemes, sets, breakouts etc. I'm a purist when it comes to adherence to system play so of course I expect a player should be well versed on what the team even plays. ESPECIALLY if they are going to be playing topsix. That you think this is a good idea to play Spooner this weekend astounds me. In a BOA and in divisional games it astounds me the Oilers would make this trade exactly on the day they did. This is the biggest segment of the season and we are short 3 forwards.

Well... I understand your argument and agree with some of it. I kind of do agree with all of it since I should know better than to put any faith in this org.

However yes I do think it's not a big deal for an NHL player to uproot one day and play the next. It's not like he needs to learn a playbook like in football. And an experienced player has played every team albeit not as much as some depending on conference, and should know a lot of tendencies. Until he learns systems, travel, habits of his new particular team, he should still be a plug and play option.

As I said though, with this org I'm surprised he want on McDrai line with first unit PP and PK mins!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->