Post-Game Talk: Flames 4 Oilers 2 - f***ing losers

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Apparently one period conveniently erased the rest of the game for some people.

Here’s the thing. It’s not just one period, the way the Flames shut down the Oilers and took over the game is exactly how it went down against Washington and Tbay and Florida. When other teams start skating, this roster can’t keep up and folds.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You said the Flames have embarrassed the Oilers in every respect and I showed that they haven't. That's all.
If they didn't dominate the Oilers in one period last night, this wouldn't even be s conversation.

Some people are sucking off the Flames as if they have accomplished something. The Oilers have accomplished more than they have the last 2 seasons while making the Flames their ***** for the most part. Congrats on the Flames for winning a period.

I think I went overboard on the embarrassed in every way possible point. Just fueled by rage right now lol. My main point I was trying to get across though that Flames management is better and has been better than Oilers management still stands though.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I think I went overboard on the embarrassed in every way possible point. Just fueled by rage right now lol. My main point I was trying to get across though that Flames management is better and has been better than Oilers management still stands though.

Who gives a f***? Lots of other teams have better management. That's not news.

The Flames are 4 points better and have played one more game. They aren't that great.

If that team is what you're aiming for...you're aiming too low.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Tkachuk was a non factor in the result of the game last night. He drew the penalties on Kassian which we ended up killing off. After Kassian took care of business he didn't do anything and the game settled down. It was the right thing for Kassian to do and the team responded well by killing the penalties. We lost the game because of a pathetic effort in the 3rd period and not capitalizing on three breakaways (some credit to Rittich). The Flames were outplayed for 40 minutes of that game, it could have been 5-0 going into the 3rd if not for Rittich. I don't understand why McLellan didn't use a timeout at some point when it was 2-1 and we were getting dominated. Would've been a good time to settle the team down.

Reactions: RegDunlop

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Who gives a ****? Lots of other teams have better management. That's not news.

The Flames are 4 points better and have played one more game. They aren't that great.

If that team is what you're aiming for...you're aiming too low.

My post was essentially Flames Management > Oilers management. Whoever said that they are so great? They have their warts, I don’t think Gaudreaus a superstar than can lead a team to greatness and I think their Smith is one of the worst starters in the league.

But again my one and only point is Flames management is better than Oilers management. You disputed that, that’s why we’re in this debate.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

I get it, last night sucked, but the reality is that Calgary hasn't been any better than Edmonton despite this supposed amazing team on paper that they've been amassing for years. I just get triggered when I hear about how great the Flames are the last several years by the media, fans etc.

As far as management is concerned, a circus clown is better than Oilers management and coaching so that's not really a credit to Flames management, more an indictment on Oilers management.
I think the worse thing that can happen for the Oilers is more of what we've been seeing this season. A perfectly mediocre team and the delaying of firing incompetent buffoons. Either make the playoffs with a solid playoff team or suck completely.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I get it, last night sucked, but the reality is that Calgary hasn't been any better than Edmonton despite this supposed amazing team on paper that they've been amassing for years. I just get triggered when I hear about how great the Flames are the last several years by the media, fans etc.

As far as management is concerned, a circus clown is better than Oilers management and coaching so that's not really a credit to Flames management, more an indictment on Oilers management.
I think the worse thing that can happen for the Oilers is more of what we've been seeing this season. A perfectly mediocre team and the delaying of firing incompetent buffoons. Either make the playoffs with a solid playoff team or suck completely.

I don't think the Flames are on their way to becoming a powerhouse or anything. And their results as compared to ours have been about equal with us winning the head to head matchup. But we have a McDavid and they don't. I just look at the moves their GM has made the last couple of years in comparison to the Oilers and I can't fault them for it. Many of their moves if Chia had pulled them off would have made us a much better team. From their trades to their drafting to their signings.

But yeh there are still better managed teams out there than the Flames and Oilers management has been atrocious. But again my point, Flames management > Oilers management still stands.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Puljujarvi should be HERE not Bakersfield.

In a game like this he could be another horse.

Did you notice how butter soft Spooner is on the backcheck and coverage? Man, soon as the puck ends up in our end its trouble. Nuge expended a lot of energy tonight but he can't keep a guy like this afloat.

The strangest thing is the 2nd line the Oilers went with tonight was the line a lot of the fans here though would be OK. Rattie Nuge Spooner. Not in a BOA. No way you could have that as a line in an intense matchup. I actually Lucic should have been on that line. Rattie was doing nothing tonight. His worst game as an Oiler.

I only watched half the game on PVR but I have to ask -

On what planet would Pulji have helped this team? I still have faith in him but he is where he should be. Butter soft? Can you name a player his size in the show who demonstrates less physicality?

Come on

Reactions: Dan403

North

Jun 25, 2009
My post was essentially Flames Management > Oilers management. Whoever said that they are so great? They have their warts, I don’t think Gaudreaus a superstar than can lead a team to greatness and I think their Smith is one of the worst starters in the league.

But again my one and only point is Flames management is better than Oilers management. You disputed that, that’s why we’re in this debate.

Your point means sweet f*** all.

Who gives a shit? You were looking for a reaction.

Your point is tantamount to trolling.

And a lot of what you said still rates as disingenuous.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Your point means sweet **** all.

Who gives a ****? You were looking for a reaction.

Your point is tantamount to trolling.

And a lot of what you said still rates as disingenuous.

My point is as valid as any other hockey opinion thrown around these boards. It's just triggering you because it's Calgary and it's our most hated rival, but that doesn't mean my point isn't accurate. I laid out my argument and I stand by them. Disagree if you, but they aren't disingenuous.

Reactions: Hippasus

North

Jun 25, 2009
My point is as valid as any other hockey opinion thrown around these boards. It's just triggering you because it's Calgary and it's our most hated rival, but that doesn't mean my point isn't accurate. I laid out my argument and I stand by them. Disagree if you, but they aren't disingenuous.

Oh I disagree...because they were disingenuous and then you started moving goal posts.

You picked the Flames to get a reaction which is basically what a troll does. But you do you I guess.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oh I disagree...because they were disingenuous and then you started moving goal posts.

You picked the Flames to get a reaction which is basically what a troll does. But you do you I guess.

So disingenuous you can't really dispute any of the points I made. Sure.

I "picked" the Flames? We played and lost to the Flames last night. Who the f*** else am I supposed to be talking about here in the Post Game FLAMES-Oilers thread?

Anyways, I hate the Flames too and I get why you are triggered. I'm extremely pissed about the loss as well. But that doesn't mean I can't compare the management track records of each respective team.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lots of your criticisms are disingenuous but have at it.

With all due respect this is seeming like a common response of yours to anybody that disagrees with your take. The other day it was me on Spooner, and I'm probably right in my concerns.

Its a little frustrating when people are just expressing their pov and people just deride it with "fill yer boots" You aren't rebutting, just tactically blanket refuting.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I "picked" the Flames? We played and lost to the Flames last night. Who the **** else am I supposed to be talking about here in the Post Game FLAMES-Oilers thread?

Anyways, I hate the Flames too and I get why you are triggered. I'm extremely pissed about the loss as well. But that doesn't mean I can't compare the management track records of each respective team.

Seems just like North is deriding your pov for the sake of it.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Kassian was actually good on the 2nd line. Far better than Rattie had been. Kass had an on night, was very involved, and would have been more involved had the officials not sat him for around 20 mins of the game.

McLellan had no choice but to deploy 3 lines most of the game. With all defense to Marody, Russell, and even the newcomer Spooner, they shouldn't be in this game, they shouldn't be in a BOA. We're starting rookies and a player that was here for one practice in a BOA? Soon as we did that it meant that the topline was going to have to own again because its all we had. This was a paper thin transparent lineup.

Only on hf would people think you could throw first game rookies out on the ice in a BOA and everythings going to be fine with that..

You know I liked engaging in discussion with you.

However you have some pretty strange takes. A month ago you were defending LD as the greatest player who ever put tape on a stick, when the whole fu**ing universe could see he was struggling and playing like s**t.
You're reasoning was that 'you never slag good players'. But in this thread you've posted a few that dis Nuge pretty good. Is he not an acceptable player to you?

And this rhetoric about Sponner, good God, how hard is it to fly in and play a hockey game when you've done nothing but that your whole life? Give me a break. And it was also more time than people are saying as he was sat out of his last NYR game to facilitate trade. He knew he was coming.

Finally - you're actually saying that Russell shouldn't be in a battle of Alberta????? I think you may want to reconsider that one.

Reactions: TB12

North

Jun 25, 2009

I "picked" the Flames? We played and lost to the Flames last night. Who the **** else am I supposed to be talking about here in the Post Game FLAMES-Oilers thread?

It's nonsense. People already pointed out what was wrong, as I did too in one post. Then you conveniently moved the posts.

You seem to be triggered (a word you seem to love) by the fact people might be disputing your argument.

My anger will be reserved for the coach who changed things up while the team was leading and playing well.

You can keep bitching how about who's middling management is worse.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Seems just like North is deriding your pov for the sake of it.

Feels like it yeh. I get where the rage is coming from though, no one wants to hear that the hated Flames who just beat us is doing anything better than us despite the truth. Tough pill to swallow.

North

Jun 25, 2009
With all due respect this is seeming like a common response of yours to anybody that disagrees with your take. The other day it was me on Spooner, and I'm probably right in my concerns.

Its a little frustrating when people are just expressing their pov and people just deride it with "fill yer boots" You aren't rebutting, just tactically blanket refuting.

You don't listen to rebuttals or if you do you move the posts like your buddy that you are defending, at that point your being disingenuous like him.

It's not fun for other people when you're spamming a topic with nonsense without actually listening to well reasoned arguments or facts.

Reactions: TB12

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It's nonsense. People already pointed out what was wrong, as I did too in one post. Then you conveniently moved the posts.

You seem to be triggered (a word you seem to love) by the fact people might be disputing your argument.

My anger will be reserved for the coach who changed things up while the team was leading and playing well.

You can keep *****ing how about who's middling management is worse.

I made like 7 points. All of which can't really be disputed and haven't been. The goal post you think I changed actually still stands. Later round picks like Ferland, Gaudreau, and Backlund are better drafting successes than the Oilers have had in that same time frame. Show me where I'm wrong on that point please.

I'm am triggered, by the failures of this hockey team. I acknowledge that I am filled with rage right now. But I don't really care that people are disputing my argument, I'll engage in the debate though if there is one. You want to convince me our drafting is on their level, our signings have been on their level, our trades have been on their level? Go right ahead, the moment you do you'll start realizing that my point that Flames management > Oilers management has merit.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You don't listen to rebuttals or if you do you move the posts like your buddy that you are defending, at that point your being disingenuous like him.

It's not fun for other people when you're spamming a topic with nonsense without actually listening to well reasoned arguments or facts.

Your the one that's discounting all the points made in a hockey opinion and hand waiving them all away under the label of "disingenuous" and you think others are the ones not listening to rebuttals?

North

Jun 25, 2009
I made like 7 points. All of which can't really be disputed and haven't been. The goal post you think I changed actually still stands. Later round picks like Ferland, Gaudreau, and Backlund are better drafting successes than the Oilers have had in that same time frame. Show me where I'm wrong on that point please.

I'm am triggered, by the failures of this hockey team. I acknowledge that I am filled with rage right now. But I don't really care that people are disputing my argument, I'll engage in the debate though if there is one. You want to convince me our drafting is on their level, our signings have been on their level, our trades have been on their level? Go right ahead, the moment you do you'll start realizing that my point that Flames management > Oilers management has merit.

Chia's drafting appears to be better but we won't know that for a little while. When were Ferland, Gaudreau and Backlund drafted again?

I'm done with this, you're exhausting.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Your the one that's discounting all the points made in a hockey opinion and hand waiving them all away under the label of "disingenuous" and you think others are the ones not listening to rebuttals?

I did listen to yours and they were still nonsense.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't think the Flames are on their way to becoming a powerhouse or anything. And their results as compared to ours have been about equal with us winning the head to head matchup. But we have a McDavid and they don't. I just look at the moves their GM has made the last couple of years in comparison to the Oilers and I can't fault them for it. Many of their moves if Chia had pulled them off would have made us a much better team. From their trades to their drafting to their signings.

But yeh there are still better managed teams out there than the Flames and Oilers management has been atrocious. But again my point, Flames management > Oilers management still stands.

Results are all that matters.
The fact of the matter is that the Oilers have owned the Flames ass for the most part the last 2+ seasons and the Flames have nothing to brag about in that timeframe.

In any event, I was contesting your original post that the Flames have embarrassed the Oilers in every aspect. Obviously Flames management is better, every management team is better, HFOil could put together a better management team.

Last edited:
Reactions: RegDunlop and North

Boom not bust

Nov 17, 2018
Edmonton

I agree, every year lately Calgary is the offseason darlings and then the actual hockey seasons come and they haven't won shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad