GDT: Flames (33-25-7) @ Lightning (40-19-5) 2PM MT SNW

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Let's just stick Lucic out there for zero reason. If You want to tank, do it properly and stop playing 50/50 Hockey. Literally depressing this team. I still blame at @Anglesmith for burying the Hoff.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Cassie blaming Hanifin for Gus turning it over.

kk

Also, did I miss when we called our timeout? Why the hell was the top line not out the final 36 seconds and Lucic and co. was.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Lucic on the ice in the final 30 seconds. At least try to make it seem like you want to win Ward.

Yeah, Backlund's line had just gone off. That's why you call a timeout to give your number one line a breather. Ward's a terrible joke.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I don't trust Ward coaching this team in the playoffs. Hire Lavi, Gallant or Boudreau if we clinch a spot. I do not f***ing care

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We had decent pressure for like 40 seconds. Then there's a whistle at 58 seconds. Instead of calling a time out to rest our top players applying pressure, we put out Lucic and clock gets killed to like 15 sec left and in neutral zone. So fricking brutal. This is amateur hour coaching.

If this was Dave Dickinson and the CFL playoffs Ward'd be called out all day every day.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
This team is very frustrate.

latest

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Geoff Ward is a ****ing idiot. When Tampa iced it at the 53 second mark the camera panned to Johnny making the timeout gesture to the bench but nope Ward sends Lucic, Bennett, Hanifin and Gustafsson out there what a ****ing fraud and joke, this man should've never been made inter head coach, way out of his depths and just frankly an idiot

Just absolutely idiotic. It's why a team has freaking timeouts. For exactly times like that. They're not more needful than then. Just so f***ing dumb it hurts.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Ward needs to be fired after the season and BT also for keeping the incompetent coach that long

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
We had decent pressure for like 40 seconds. Then there's a whistle at 58 seconds. Instead of calling a time out to rest our top players applying pressure, we put out Lucic and clock gets killed to like 15 sec left and in neutral zone. So fricking brutal. This is amateur hour coaching.

If this was Dave Dickinson and the CFL playoffs Ward'd be called out all day every day.
It's not the first time he put out lucic at critical time

That's why lucic loves him

Fire ward so lucic can quit. That's alone is good enough reason to fire him

Reactions: ultra63 and Tofveve

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Don't even need to have watched this game to know our bottom 6 and 3rd pairing was junk

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Johnny, Lindholm, Dube, Backlund, Mangiapane, and Tkachuk we're solid today, stood out as being ready to play and we're doing good shit all game. Other than that one powerplay where Tkachuk just passed to no where on the break in. I didn't like that. Ryan is not up to speed after his time off and the only good thing I can say about Ward today is that he demoted him when he deserved it. Monahan was slightly above average. I liked Hanifin today, he got up in the rush. Same with Andersson. Gustafsson and Forbort look more and more like average d-men after every game to me. Giordano was getting involved in the rush today and seems like he's getting back to where he was a lot sooner than Ryan.

For the players that we're tough to watch, Ryan and Brodie are definitely there. Brodie fired how many shots into peoples shin pads? Also took two penalties in the 3rd. Wasn't playing great.

Either way, this game has really turned me over into not liking Ward. Like, if Gaudreau is legit begging for a timeout and his line has been playing great why the f*** do you pull them off for Lucic and Bennett? Nothing against those guys but f***, they already scored and we're supplying great pressure and getting good chances and you decide to pull them off for those guys? Just absolutely terrible in game management. It's bad enough he made this decision on his own, but to make this decision with one of your teams top scorers telling you to take a time out? f*** off with that Ward. Treliving needs to get a real coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad