GDT: Flames (33-25-6) @ Predators (31-23-8) 6PM MT SNW

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I love Lindholm but he was caught standing around on both the 1st and 3rd Nashville goals. Tough way to lose - we definitely deserved a better outcome than that. Can’t really fault the effort in this one.

Rittich is really starting to put some doubts into my head - not sure he has the ability to be a 50+ game starter.

Rittich was fine. He wasn't our best player but if we played a championship level game tonight we win 3-1.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Rittich was fine. He wasn't our best player but if we played a championship level game tonight we win 3-1.

I know he was fine and he was certainly not the sole reason we lost but he wasn’t great either. Saros outperformed him. He much like the rest of the roster has yet to show any high end consistency for an extended time.

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Lol pretty sure we need a good goalie since we can't be championship level consistently.

We could if Sean Monahan wasn't playing center for us. Backlund, Giordano, Bennett, Lindholm, Brodie, Andersson, Kylington, Ryan, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Lucic, Jankowski, Forbort and Rieder have all shown the ability to shut it down. Dube is getting there too, though he's not quite there yet.

That said tonight's loss isn't on Monahan.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Well, take the point and lets move onto Florida. Hopefully the Flames get at least 2 points out of there. Then the Flames really need to start winning in the Dome. The record at home has been terrible lately and has been seriously hurting them in the standings and will hurt them if they don't turn it around.

Last edited:

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
We were the better team but we did not put them away when we should of in the 3rd. That being said we just need to stay ahead of Arizona and Winnipeg.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
giphy.gif

Reactions: Black Box

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Backlund's up to 18 points in 11 games.

giphy.gif

Also, interesting how the perceptions on Bennett change when he's at centre versus wing. Shame the coaching staff are idiots.

Regarding Rittich, first full season as starter. He's only gotten better with each season he's been here. The doubt is premature at this point.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Backlund's up to 18 points in 11 games.

giphy.gif

Also, interesting how the perceptions on Bennett change when he's at centre versus wing. Shame the coaching staff are idiots.

Regarding Rittich, first full season as starter. He's only gotten better with each season he's been here. The doubt is premature at this point.

A Sub .890 SV% Over the last 10 games for Rittich and now back to back years he has struggled down the stretch drive. He really needs to clamp down and prove he can handle the starting role. Yes, I know he had injuries last year but he has not proven capable of sustaining a high level of play for more than a small stretch of the season to this point in his career.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
We could if Sean Monahan wasn't playing center for us. Backlund, Giordano, Bennett, Lindholm, Brodie, Andersson, Kylington, Ryan, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Lucic, Jankowski, Forbort and Rieder have all shown the ability to shut it down. Dube is getting there too, though he's not quite there yet.

That said tonight's loss isn't on Monahan.
Lol Forbort shut it down. Dude hit a patch of quick sand and got turn-styled on that first goal. To be fair, Lindholm got caught sleeping at the wheel too.

But that’s not even what I’m cheesed about this game. It’s that 0.1 goal. Brodie for some reason leaves the front of the net to attack the puck carrier, literally all he had to do was drop to his knees and block the lane, and than Lindy swoops in does half a stick lift on Granlund than floats off to cover someone else, the crease is f***in crowded yet somehow they leave Granlund wide open in his own little bubble?

Brodies been good this year sure, but can we please not act like he doesn’t still make some serious bonehead plays from time to time, I think Anderson will be fully capable of replacing what he brings to the table if/when we lose him in the offseason.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Lol Forbort shut it down. Dude hit a patch of quick sand and got turn-styled on that first goal. To be fair, Lindholm got caught sleeping at the wheel too.

But that’s not even what I’m cheesed about this game. It’s that 0.1 goal. Brodie for some reason leaves the front of the net to attack the puck carrier, literally all he had to do was drop to his knees and block the lane, and than Lindy swoops in does half a stick lift on Granlund than floats off to cover someone else, the crease is f***in crowded yet somehow they leave Granlund wide open in his own little bubble?

Brodies been good this year sure, but can we please not act like he doesn’t still make some serious bonehead plays from time to time, I think Anderson will be fully capable of replacing what he brings to the table if/when we lose him in the offseason.

And who plays with Hanifin?

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Dispointing game from Lindholm. Few seconds to go, tackle the guy if you must...but he just kinda skates by...

And memo to Lucic and Dube: feel free to contribute something, anything...

Reactions: tmurfin

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
And who plays with Hanifin?
Valli hopefully or Gus possibly if they can get him locked down for a decent price

but knowing Treliving, he’ll sign or trade for some half shot defensive dman and the new coach will shoehorn him in there all season :laugh: :facepalm:

Last edited:

Basko34

Feb 5, 2015
Munich, Germany
What a heartbreaking end to a great match to watch...
Just have the feeling if we gonna play like that the next 17 Games we should be fine and playing Dienstort 2-3 in the Pacific

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

You realize Brodie got the puck and would have tied it up if the ref didn't kick the puck to the slot, right?

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
This. We put together 2 back to back strong games with intensity. Good sign that the boys are ready for the stretch to ploffs.

Backlund is going to carry us in! All hail Backs.. Most of us had him written off the first half of the season.

Like I said earlier, if we can go 2-1-1 on this trip it would be a massive success. The Oilers are now dealing with injuries and Markstrom is out, so hopefully we can snag the 2 or 3 pacific spot if we keep playing like this, but ffs.. they need to win at home.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I wouldn't panic after a game like last night. That's a few games in a row where the team is trying.

I'm fine losing games like this, it's the games where we never show up that make me mad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad