GDT: Flames (33-25-6) @ Predators (31-23-8) 6PM MT SNW

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
First thing I thought. Wtf was he doing, just throw your f***ing body to the other side of the net, stop f***ing swimming.

And yes, f***ING tackle those mf’s in front of the net. There’s literally zero reason not to do it with less than a second left.
Hasn't been the same since the Oilers game

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If you weigh this game against the last game in Nashville, it's kind of a wash. The worse team won both games. The loser choked away a last-minute lead in both.

Reactions: Mobiandi

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Hanifin (who didn't even play until the 2nd) and Andersson both +2, everyone else -1.

And Forbort and Gus are both terrible. Gus should not be playing OT with Brodie, Ras, Hanifin, Gio on the roster, all of which are better than him defensively (by a large margin). Brodie is our best d-man.

Reactions: Gettin Iggy With It

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
They played good. Shit happens. Just annoyed they could’ve easily stopped that last second goal, on to the next..

Reactions: Mobiandi
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Yep. Plus it isn't like we slipped into bad habits this game. We played well overall, and that should lead to success. Also we don't go away empty-handed. 5 out of 6 points on the road trip so far.

Exactly. Lots of good stuff to take out of our play recently, but it would be nice to have line 1 and 2 get going at the same time. Not sure how I feel about that bottom D pairing.. they should only be playing like 14 min a game.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The tough pill to swallow about this game isn't that we lost, it's that Mikael Backlund was elite and we lost with him off the ice.

I hate wasting elite individual performances. It's the Flames Way.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
The tough pill to swallow about this game isn't that we lost, it's that Mikael Backlund was elite and we lost with him off the ice.

I agree. They should've forced Backlund onto the ice for the entirety of the overtime.

Reactions: tmurfin

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

This is very true. That line was absolute perfection tonight. I imagine scientific notation would be necessary in order to describe their advanced stats.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Why are our games vs the Preds always so insane? Tkachuk scores with .1 seconds or whatever in OT between the legs last time against them, then tonight happens.
The last couple years it seems, it has always been close, crazy games.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Idk, I don't feel angry about this one. Weird.
Got a point is huge

We pretty much need a point in every game to be safe

Would be nice to hold on for another second but what can you do

At least the team is showing some life

Reactions: Tofveve

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't go that far, he's on his first game back from an injury so he won't be 100% today. He sure ain't as good as last year but that was an unprecedented season.
Nothing wrong with what he said. Dude lost a step. He can't carry the team any more. Still better than average if he can recover, I hope.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I love Lindholm but he was caught standing around on both the 1st and 3rd Nashville goals. Tough way to lose - we definitely deserved a better outcome than that. Can’t really fault the effort in this one.

Rittich is really starting to put some doubts into my head - not sure he has the ability to be a 50+ game starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->