Bennett-Jankowski-Neal
Mangiapane-Ryan-Hathaway

Giordano-Brodie
Hanifin-Hamonic
Kylington-Andersson

Rittich

Czarnik, Prout, and Smith to sit

Notes:
- Flames are 8-0-1 in their last nine games, coming off a 3-2 OT win over Carolina where they played like poopoo but somehow managed to win anyways

- Caps have lost 7 in a row coming into this game, and will be without Ovechkin who incurred a 1 game suspension for sitting out the All-Star Game. They are coming off a 6-3 loss to Toronto

Discuss

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Who partied harder during the break, Flames or Washington. I expect everyone to be trash except for Gio. I expect all of Washington to be trash, no exceptions

Flames 4 Caps 2 with an empty netter

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm glad the Flames are playing a good team such as the Caps there first game back from the break. They shouldn't have any difficulty getting up to play last year's SC champions. I would worry more if they were playing a team that was in the bottom 3rd of the standings.

Wish You Were Here

Mar 14, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Michael Frolik apparently spent most of his all star break training in Florida.

I'm looking forward to a hard fought road game against Washington with the Flames winning by 3 goals.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Maybe 5 goals, 12 points, 3rd line, seeing the least ice in his career... the All Star Break was just the wakeup call James Neal needed.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Sounds like a recipe for a Flames loss
They have no Ovi. And both teams are coming off extended breaks (Flames 10 days, Caps 9 days). So it's honestly gonna be a crapshoot (just as any game is where both teams were coming off their mandated 5 day break).

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I know the Flames have a better shot of winning without Ovy, but I would have liked to watch Ovy play tonight. I don't watch that many Caps games.

Hoping our team shows up tonight with some goals, because who knows which Smith shows up. I expect a pretty terrible game from both teams coming off the long break.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Don't like this one whatsoever. Almost every time he has been given this "show of faith", he prolapses. Just to point out, his last win against a playoff team was on December 8th, so he's been sheltered as hell until recently. Hope he proves me wrong, but he doesn't have the benefit of the doubt rn.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This is most likely gonna be an ugly game regardless of who's starting

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Making ribs tonight with the step-dad. Flames coming back from a long break means a loss. Change my mind.

4 WASH 3 CGY

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
To be fair, starting the backup coming out of the break is a common league-wide theme. Let the backup deal with the disorganized nightmare and meanwhile allow your starter more practice time to get back to game shape.

Reactions: Migos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->