GDT: FLAMES (24-18-10) @ SABRES (26-20-4) ! Saturday at 10:30 a.m. MT ! TV: Sportsnet One ! RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
He is 26 years old with zero good professional seasons, zero good games in a flames uniform. Maybe he was a stud for Chicago but that is doubtful.

Passing Mackey, who is much worse than Valimaki, is not an accomplishment.
He is still a prospect at age 26 due to his NCAA career. He's come along nicely this year and played a whale of a game today. I think he's solved our 7 d-man spot and maybe, just maybe, progress higher.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
He is still a prospect at age 26 due to his NCAA career. He's come along nicely this year and played a whale of a game today. I think he's solved our 7 d-man spot and maybe, just maybe, progress higher.

He has looked bad for us all year maybe he can be a 7th defenseman because that is a pretty useless position for a non-play-off team but he doesn’t have any skills to be more than that and even that is likely above he no talent level.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
What I saw this afternoon was some chemistry finally settling in on the top two lines. Which will make it tough for Treliving to decide whether to go out an get a scorer.

I think the first line has turned a corner. Dube looks more and more like he belongs there with every passing game.

I also think the second line might have the basis to be another "French Connection" if they stay together long enough. This is where it gets dicey. I think Tre will acquire Duclair for Kylington and put Duclair on this line. Pelts will drop to the 4 line, because he ain't going anywhere. Sound defensively and speedy. A perfect match to play with Rosie.

The third line was dominant all game long. They literally smothered Buffalo whenever on the ice. If Mangiapane learns to drive to the net and be a bit more selfish he could be another Marchand.

The fourth line, bless them, were pretty bad for two periods. They gave the team solid minutes in the 3rd period. Ritchie's first game back, but there's no denying they were slow today. From here on in, I'd use Looch and Ritchie strategically. It is very important to run 4 fast defensively responsible lines.

If Treliving acquires another tough D-ma such as Schenn, we might be cooking with gas.

I was going to say maybe it makes sense to wait until next year, but if we start playing consistently well, doesn't make sense to wait until next year w/ Lindholm, Hanifin, Tanev, and Backlund's contracts all ending. Could be wild days here.

Reactions: Nanuuk

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I feel so bad for lewis having to babysit 2 scrubs at all time (ruzicka included based on he's play lately). Dude is less pressured on the pk than 5v5 flanked by the lucic

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I've been so busy with work recently I haven't been able to squeeze in these games.

Glad we got the W and guys racked up some points. Wish we could have a team coming off a 2 week layoff every game! Regardless a w is a w.

Way to go boys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad