GDT: FLAMES (22-26-3) vs. SENATORS (22-27-5) - the "it's almost over" edition

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Lol. Calgary.
Franchise that hasn’t been able to get out it’s own way for 30 years and counting.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Remember Steve Begin scored twice to put us out of contention for Barkov?

Stone is doing that now. lol

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I feel this will still somehow get close late. 5-3 flames w en when we don't want one.
(I secretly want to win 5 straight and have to rely on two oil reg wins for the lols)

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
lfol5yO.gif

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Tkachuk
Backlund-Lindholm-Gaudreau
Giordano

hmmmmm
We're really not that far off from rebounding next season. Give Sutter more time to teach his philosophy and let him continue to reward players who deserve it while taking away ice time from guys who coast and drag down their linemates. Some shrewd transactions in the summer and we'll be back

Reactions: Mazatt

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Nope not close at all. Ezpz. As it should be w all our rest and them on a b2b.
Now go oil and then sweep the nucks.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
1 win put us from 6th overall to 11th overall, LOL

Time to catch Chicago for 12th overall!

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I think he gets squeezed and signs somewhere for 1.25-1.5

Yeah anywhere between 1 - 3 wouldn't surprise me. He does play center and plays it well so some team might really want him.

Kinda hoping he's back, just a really useful player that I think would be helpful for some of our young undersized prospects to have around.

Reactions: JurassicTunga

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
We're really not that far off from rebounding next season. Give Sutter more time to teach his philosophy and let him continue to reward players who deserve it while taking away ice time from guys who coast and drag down their linemates. Some shrewd transactions in the summer and we'll be back
It's not sexy to think about while the Flames are out of the playoffs, but Sutter has them playing a great brand of hockey that has them with much better underlying metrics despite a lack of wins. If the Flames are able to find players with better fit to fill in the middle of the lineup, it's not unreasonable to think they can be competitive in the future. Hell, if the Flames swapped to Sutter earlier/this was a regular season it's not hard to imagine the Flames would be able to push their way into a playoff spot the way they're playing right now.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah anywhere between 1 - 3 wouldn't surprise me. He does play center and plays it well so some team might really want him.

Kinda hoping he's back, just a really useful player that I think would be helpful for some of our young undersized prospects to have around.
I hope he's back too. I'm a big fan of Doc. I do think that at his age and with his connection to Francis, that he'll sign in Seattle though.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Glad to know we now not far off from contending after beating one of the powerhouses at their full strength

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad