GDT: FLAMES (22-24-3) @ OILERS (29-17-2) 8 p.m. MT | TV: CBC/Sportsnet

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
6 mins left and we can finally say its ironclad shut.

Despite the absolutely shitty product on the ice, at least we all had each other to talk to this year lol.

Enjoy the summer. Get your vaccines and enjoy some nice weather with your loved ones and friends, cause the Flames will too.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Anyways I'm glad any delusions of a push are done now. It was never happening with the bottom 6 we are icing, but not even the most optimistic fan can say this is happening.

Reactions: Boomstick

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Anyways I'm glad any delusions of a push are done now. It was never happening with the bottom 6 we are icing, but not even the most optimistic fan can say this is happening.
Me too, but we've all known it's been over for a good month. That 1-9 run did us in. But Markstrom really played well the last bunch of games, Gaudreau and Lindholm were really good. Not much from anyone else beyond those 3.
But it is what it is and to be honest I'm not even upset. We were awful for most of the year and didn't deserve the playoffs at all.

Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Me too, but we've all known it's been over for a good month. That 1-9 run did us in. But Markstrom really played well the last bunch of games, Gaudreau and Lindholm were really good. Not much from anyone else beyond those 3.
But it is what it is and to be honest I'm not even upset. We were awful for most of the year and didn't deserve the playoffs at all.

Pretty much. Awful awful puckluck during that stretch, but it doesn't matter.

Idk how this mess is fixable. This feels like a younger version of the 2012-13 Flames.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
3 page GDT for the flames on a weekend during the BOA. Tells ya where fan interest is when the diehards stop giving a f***. Half the posts were from like 4 posters too (guess it says something about us lmfao).

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
giphy.gif
to the end of this nightmare season!

Can we play Kylington yet?
Let some of the young guys play.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Watch this team for 40 years, sometimes delusion and false optimism is all you've got.

Need Montreal to lose 6 and we need to run the table? You bastard, I'm in.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
What people not named Dack, Dertell, Mobiandi, Whisky or myself on this forum say on this forum is generally laughable....note that you're not on that list...
Makes sense this post would come from you. Putting people down for not agreeing with your "BeNnEtT 1C" narrative. People might be more accepting of your ideas if you weren't a pompous asshat about them. Outright insulting someone to their face for just posting on here unprompted is a new low for someone that generally is very condescending.

Last edited:
Reactions: User1996

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Makes sense this post would come from you. Putting people down for not agreeing with your "BeNnEtT 1C" narrative. People might be more accepting of your ideas if you weren't a pompous asshat about them. Outright insulting someone to their face for just posting on here unprompted is a new low for someone that generally is very condescending.

Self awareness is not his strong suit.

If Bennett proves us all wrong, I will gladly eat my words, but I'll take his 400+ game body of work over his 10 games in Florida playing with superstar Huberdeau and getting a bunch of secondary assists.

I may take the piss with wanting Bedard and Wright, but honestly this fan base doesn't deserve these kinds of players. This fickle fanbase runs every player out of town. Now 90% of Flames fans want Tkachuk gone for essentially peanuts, Gaudreau, the most skilled player to ever put this jersey on continually gets shit on by the fanbase, make fun of Francis all you want, a lot of idiots in this fanbase share his dumb opinions on him. The best center this franchise has had in 2+ decades is always the whipping boy, someone who has scored more goals than anyone else in his draft class. It's completely f***ed, absolutely no respect for anyone on this team. Yet magical Sam Bennett who f***ed the Flames for 7 regular seasons always gets the benefit of the doubt when perennial 30 goal Monahan never did, it's hilarious the hypocrisy and in short stupidity.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I think we know what the solution is for next game. Gaudreau-Monahan-Robinson

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
We definitely do need a 2-3 year rebuild. If we traded pretty much everyone but Hanifin, Gaudreau (if he’s willing to sign), Mang, Lindy, Valimaki, Dube and Rasmus we could be competitive in 2-3 more years and ideally elite shortly after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad