GDT: FLAMES (21-24-3) vs. OILERS (29-16-2) 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He was great vs the Avalanche with us , he wasn't very good vs Chicago last year.
Last year's play-in series was operationally more similar to pre-season than playoffs. Mike Smith is always terrible in pre-season, so it was unsurprising.

He has a .934 in the playoffs, so I'm not sure the claim that he isn't good in the playoffs is valid.

Reactions: Boomstick

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Edmonton is no good.

Nice win!

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I hope we pick Lambos if we’re picking mid first. I think he could be that piece we are going to need on the backend in a few years.

That or trade down 6 times and get all the third round picks possible in this crazy draft

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I chose to watch the NFL draft instead

That’s how much I care a flames winning now

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Sometimes I'm watching the game and I see Mangiapane make a beautiful move, Dube tries a power move to the net, Backlund with a steal and a solid pass, or the current first line does anything good and I think "Wow, things might not be so bad next year" until I remember every single other piece on this roster.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Very focused group tonight. First to loose pucks, not as much reaching and guessing, Flames had the Oilers hemmed in for long periods in this game. Looked much more settled and less jumpy than they did in the third against the Habs last game. Top line especially were all very good.

Marky another solid performance, I know this board is pretty down on him but I still have more faith in him bouncing back to being a top tier goalie next season than I've ever had in Rittich, Elliott, Talbot, or Smith.

Obviously it all still feels too little too late but I'm glad we don't have a coaching black cloud hanging over us for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad