Proposal: FLA-TOR July 2nd

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
They break up their core while getting a better player.

No, they really don’t. Toronto fixes their giant gaping hole and gets a Marner replacement.
Florida gets a winger that they have plenty of. Granted not as good as Marner, but the last spot they need to improve

Reactions: Laus723

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
If the Leafs want Ekblad then they have to out bid every other team out there. Florida is not trading him for a single more expensive asset when they have to cut budget either. It will be a package. You want Florida to listen then it starts here

AJ
KK
one of Lilj or Dermott
Robertson.

Yes all 4 and that is just the starting point both sides will add/adjust to make salary and picks fit. Even that is on the low end of what he is worth but that is what Florida would want to break up the core and cut payroll. I know Leaf fans are going to say its too much and Panther fans are going to say not enough but its the starting point not finishing point.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Weegar - Stralman
Matheson - Brown
Yandle - Priskie

We should trade Weegar to the Leafs as well.

please do, we could add Kaberle and 4th to the deal.

I feel bad for you guys, first that there is rumours that your solid core is going to be broken up, and second for the proposals that are sure to follow.

I’d love for both Ekblad and/or Weegar to be on the Leafs, quality D-men, and if the rumours are true, Dubas should be calling.

Hopefully you get a new GM instead though.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If the Leafs want Ekblad then they have to out bid every other team out there. Florida is not trading him for a single more expensive asset when they have to cut budget either. It will be a package. You want Florida to listen then it starts here

AJ
KK
one of Lilj or Dermott
Robertson.

Yes all 4 and that is just the starting point both sides will add/adjust to make salary and picks fit. Even that is on the low end of what he is worth but that is what Florida would want to break up the core and cut payroll. I know Leaf fans are going to say its too much and Panther fans are going to say not enough but its the starting point not finishing point.

You understand that Leafs give up the first three there without even blinking. For Ekblad, they probably say sure to such a deal. I’d think Florida would want more quality and less quantity.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
You understand that Leafs give up the first three there without even blinking. For Ekblad, they probably say sure to such a deal. I’d think Florida would want more quality and less quantity.

As I said it is the starting point. picks and other parts need to be added from both sides. This is the bare minimum starting point so the AJ, Bracco and a 2nd offers don't even get posted.
Also if Florida is mandated to cut payroll and Tallon wants to break up the core young, cheap, controllable assets in quantity is the type of deal they will be looking at.
Look at the deals Ottawa has to make to go cheaper. Or what Winnipeg had to except for Trouba because of limited destination and not being able to take on salary.
If they are moving any of the core players it will be for multiple cheap salary pieces.
Salary cutting deals in the NHL have always been bad deals for the sellers.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
please do, we could add Kaberle and 4th to the deal.

I feel bad for you guys, first that there is rumours that your solid core is going to be broken up, and second for the proposals that are sure to follow.

I’d love for both Ekblad and/or Weegar to be on the Leafs, quality D-men, and if the rumours are true, Dubas should be calling.

Hopefully you get a new GM instead though.
What do you feel sorry for? Their horrible situation compared to the leafs’ great successes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad