Proposal: Fla/stl

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I like Hoffman but that doesn’t make sense for STL.

At this point it’s looking like we may need a d-man more than a forward now.

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
What a dumb post and it has just kept on becoming worse as the original poster has tried to provide rational on why he or she thinks this is a good trade.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I like Dunn but he is a monotonous piece with Faulk even though they are opposite handed.
Word of advice - don't try to use big words when you don't know what they mean.

View attachment 321801

So you are trading the player who is not only way better but also younger and plays a more important position for a rental? Seems like a great idea.
The more you post these cell phone screen shots, the more clear is becomes that you don't understand the underlying statistics they show.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Word of advice - don't try to use big words when you don't know what they mean.

The more you post these cell phone screen shots, the more clear is becomes that you don't understand the underlying statistics they show.

try again

MONOTONOUS = dull, tedious, and repetitious; lacking in variety and interest

key word repetitious. Same as Faulk but left handed.

if you’re going to try and correct someone know what you’re talking about first.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
try again

MONOTONOUS = dull, tedious, and repetitious; lacking in variety and interest

key word repetitious. Same as Faulk but left handed.

if you’re going to try and correct someone know what you’re talking about first.
That is not how the word monotonous is used. Nothing about comparing Faulk and Dunn would be monotonous.

You are latching on to one word from a full definition and taking it out of context in an attempt to cover up misunderstanding what monotonous meant. Repetitious, in this context, implies repeating the same action over and over again - think a repeating sound like a dial tone. It's not an appropriate adjective for comparing two hockey players in the way you are trying to. What you're trying to say and the words you are using are incongruous.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
That is not how the word monotonous is used. Nothing about comparing Faulk and Dunn would be monotonous.

You are latching on to one word from a full definition and taking it out of context in an attempt to cover up misunderstanding what monotonous meant. Repetitious, in this context, implies repeating the same action over and over again - think a repeating sound like a dial tone. It's not an appropriate adjective for comparing two hockey players in the way you are trying to. What you're trying to say and the words you are using are incongruous.

no their job on the team is repetitious. Puck moving d. One is left handed and one is right. I know how I used the word.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
no their job on the team is repetitious. Puck moving d. One is left handed and one is right. I know how I used the word.
A repetitious job would be one that repeats the same action over and over again. You would not describe two similar jobs as repetitious.

This discussion on the other hand is definitely repetitious. :eyeroll:

Reactions: klabob

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
@Dominicr I suggest you take deeper look for team and what are their need or surplus before doing proposal.

Dunn isnt moving and would not move either IF Jbo wouldnt have that terrible accident.

We are short at left side and you decide to make it even thinner.

I dont normally post general side, but this proposal was so awful I had to write to you.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
and that 3 million will be eaten up quickly next year when schenn goes from 5.15 to 6.5 and Faulk goes from 4.15 to 6.5

plus petro needs paid and he is more important than Dunn.

You realize blues have 2 buy outs and faulk will be most likely expansion causality. Plus blues could trade another guy. But trading a top 4 dman like Dunn for a rental is bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->