Confirmed Trade: [FLA/SJS]Mike Hoffman. 7th ('18) for 2nd ('19), 4th ('18) & 5th ('18)

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
this post is absolutely amazing in so many ways
Please elaborate. Not everyone thinks Florida is the greatest place on earth. There are many cities I'd choose in the USA alone before Miami. If it's what you like, great. Not everyone feels the same.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
So after Sharks did not manage to sign Tavares ,is this really such a great trade for Sharks? Imo both sharks and ottawa are losers in this trade and Florida is the clear winner. They gave a bunch of ****ty picks for Hoffman.

i kind of agree. Sharks could use even more scoring power and Hoffman is a 50 point top 6 guy easily.

Reactions: Arnusson

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So after Sharks did not manage to sign Tavares ,is this really such a great trade for Sharks? Imo both sharks and ottawa are losers in this trade and Florida is the clear winner. They gave a bunch of ****ty picks for Hoffman.

Sharks had a surplus of wingers before these two trades were made and needed to move one regardless of how the Tavares situation played itself out.

Reactions: Laus723

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Please elaborate. Not everyone thinks Florida is the greatest place on earth. There are many cities I'd choose in the USA alone before Miami. If it's what you like, great. Not everyone feels the same.
world class food/night life.

no winter. aka the ability to walk out your door in december wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

I'm sure you love Ottawa, and I'm sure it is a nice place, but there is 0.0% chance it wins a poll on which place would you rather live.

Reactions: Laus723

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Why would San Jose throw away a talented young player after they got him for practically free? Jumbo Joe isn't getting any younger and they just lost Marleau.

They didn't. It was basically a 3 way trade without Ottawa's prior consent. SJS probably never wanted Hoffman due to his baggage, but they wanted to move Boedker for a nice haul of draft picks, which prior to this trade is something that would have been through to be impossible.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yes it's still a great trade. The Sharks basically traded Boedker who many considered as a cap dump for a 2nd and other picks. They didn't need Hoffman.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

no winter. aka the ability to walk out your door in december wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

I'm sure you love Ottawa, and I'm sure it is a nice place, but there is 0.0% chance it wins a poll on which place would you rather live.

Also the Keys are half an hour away in a convertible, Everglades is as well, 4 hours to Orlando/Tampa, you can take a boat to the Bahamas for under $200 while spear fishing along the way. You can go out any given night and end up partying on a yacht with millionaires and topless models if you just walk into the right club or pool party at the right time, and there's tons of cool foreigners looking to have fun any given night. Plus it's ground zero for all the best party favors that get smuggled in from abroad.

Only place in Canada that could be remotely as fun as Miami is for anyone would be Montreal if you're a french canadian athlete. I'm sure there are people who prefer Ottawa, just like there are people who prefer watching cement dry over watching Stanley Cup Finals Game 7.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

You need to travel more. Miami has nice weather and beaches however it also has a ridiculous amount crime. It is rated a 6 out of 100 (100 being the safest) and safer then 6% of US cities.

I'll take Ottawa!

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008

The sharks managed to dump the remaining 2 years of Boedkers contract for actual value without retaining anything. Whether they could or couldn't use Hoffman now is irrelevant as they still came out a winner by getting the cap space they wanted with extra picks that trading Boedker shouldn't have garnered

Feb 24, 2017
Also the Keys are half an hour away in a convertible, Everglades is as well, 4 hours to Orlando/Tampa, you can take a boat to the Bahamas for under $200 while spear fishing along the way. You can go out any given night and end up partying on a yacht with millionaires and topless models if you just walk into the right club or pool party at the right time, and there's tons of cool foreigners looking to have fun any given night. Plus it's ground zero for all the best party favors that get smuggled in from abroad.

Only place in Canada that could be remotely as fun as Miami is for anyone would be Montreal if you're a french canadian athlete. I'm sure there are people who prefer Ottawa, just like there are people who prefer watching cement dry over watching Stanley Cup Finals Game 7.
I prefer watching cement drying over Stanley Cup Final game 7 in 2011.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Well that's the correct point of view from a single guy in his early 20's. Not so important if you are 30 and have a family.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

Best scuba diving spots in the world in all directions and in as little as 4 hours of travel, deep sea fishing, fresh water fishing, Key fking West is right there, short flights to Costa Rica, Cancun, etc., etc.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
You need to travel more. Miami has nice weather and beaches however it also has a ridiculous amount crime. It is rated a 6 out of 100 (100 being the safest) and safer then 6% of US cities.

I'll take Ottawa!
I travel plenty. Lucky enough to have traveled all over the world.

You obviously need to spend more time in Miami. Miami is a massive area that incorporates a bunch of little cities which skews those numbers. Yes, there are some very rough areas in Miami. Areas where you should never walk alone at night. 99.9% of those areas you will never be anywhere near because there is no reason to be there unless you live there.

Then there are also areas that are some of the wealthiest/safest in the country. I live in Miami and have no concern at all about my GF walking around the area we live by herself at any time of the day/night. Crime in the city I grew up in amounted to one of the neighborhood kids getting caught shoplifting.

Might want to do more then just look at general statistics when talking about Miami.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

I'll take Ottawa!

Lmao, YOU need to travel more. Even if you work in Miami, there’s tons of beautiful areas surrounding it to live, just commute. Panthers aren’t in Miami anyway, they’re in Sunrise which is west of Ft. Lauderdale. South Florida is literally loaded with beautiful communities. Hilarious you brought out some crime statistics though.

And we’re “bitches” cause we don’t want to live in the snow and ice but you’re crying about a hurricane. Sure they suck, but just batten down the hatches and ride it out like the rest of us. We’ve recovered e’ry time. Cat 5’s are very rare, and we rarely get hit hard by hurricanes at all.

And finally, his point stands, Ottawa loses in a poll 10 times outta 10 to Miami.

And the Hoffman trade worked for everyone.

Reactions: Beezeral

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->