Confirmed Trade: [FLA/SJS]Mike Hoffman. 7th ('18) for 2nd ('19), 4th ('18) & 5th ('18)

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm fascinated by this whole Hoffman thing. Did SJ ever really want Hoffman or did they just play Ottawa and got a better deal for him? I mean was SJ like, "Nice - We got Hoffman. Can't wait to see him on the team in October."

...And then Florida called?

I think it was in the works between Florida and San Jose for awhile. Wilson and Tallon are good buddies. Tallon even said Wilson called him last night about it.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Really not a fan of this swap. Hoffman is a good player. Why give away a sure thing for a *CHANCE* at Tavares, or whatever free agent is the backup plan.
Because for around the salary of Hoffman they can get Kovalchuk, JVR or James Neal for zero assets or trade for someone better like Kessel, Karlsson or whoever.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Doug Wilson I tip my cap to you, Sir.

Get rid of someone you didn't want.

Took the return and shipped him out for draft picks.

Turned a problem into more cap space and more draft picks.

t73f61d_well-played-sir-well-played-indeed.jpg

Reactions: BabyBarkov

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Hoffman needs to get his fiancé one hell of a gift. She got him moved from Ottawa to Miami. Now he gets to live a better lifestyle in obscurity while getting taxed less.

LovemyNucks

May 26, 2009
England
I mean the following with due respect to the Sens franchise and it's fans:

Forget about the value of the assets traded or the assets coming back...not trading these assets for future pieces instead of now pieces is the act of a desperate GM trying to save his job and will only compound how long the required rebuild will take. As a Canucks fan i know this pain and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Here's hoping Dorion gets replaced sooner rather than later for your sakes. Best of luck!

Reactions: BKarchitect

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Wilson turns an overpaid 3rds liner, B prospect and 6th into 2nd+4th+5th+5th?

wow

also wow ottawa looks bad here.

Canuckle

West Coast Express
Feb 20, 2008
Couple years down the road, when the 2nd and 4th and two 5ths got traded for bs players or draftees that turned into nothing. This board and everybody will still overvalue the draft picks.

A lot of ppl also seem to forget that Boedker was a 1st round pick, 8th overall in 2008 and Hoffman was a 5th in 2009. Ottawa got lucky with Hoffman, now they trade him away. They did not get fleeced.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Because for around the salary of Hoffman they can get Kovalchuk, JVR or James Neal for zero assets or trade for someone better like Kessel, Karlsson or whoever.

but they only gained 1.1 mil in space. not getting near any of those guys for that

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Couple years down the road, when the 2nd and 4th and two 5ths got traded for bs players or draftees that turned into nothing. This board and everybody will still overvalue the draft picks.

A lot of ppl also seem to forget that Boedker was a 1st round pick, 8th overall in 2008 and Hoffman was a 5th in 2009. Ottawa got lucky with Hoffman, now they trade him away. They did not get fleeced.

what does draft position have to do with it. Boedker has NEVER hit 20 goals. he hit 50pts 2 times in a decade on awful coyote teams getting 20mins of ice time. On good teams (avs/sharks) he has shown he is nothing more than a 30-40pt 3rd liner with wheels. Hoffman is a 25g+/55-60pt top 6 forward. ottawa got fleeced. 90% of people on here agree with that. just because one dude was a 5th and the other a top 10 a decade ago doesnt change that

Reactions: Boothinator

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I think it was in the works between Florida and San Jose for awhile. Wilson and Tallon are good buddies. Tallon even said Wilson called him last night about it.
This isn't fair. There's some really dumb GMs in the league that get taken advantage of in 1:1 deals

What hope do the Dorion's/Bergevin's/Chiarelli's/Bennings have when they get double teamed behind the scenes :sarcasm:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
what does draft position have to do with it. Boedker has NEVER hit 20 goals. he hit 50pts 2 times in a decade on awful coyote teams getting 20mins of ice time. On good teams (avs/sharks) he has shown he is nothing more than a 30-40pt 3rd liner with wheels. Hoffman is a 25g+/55-60pt top 6 forward. ottawa got fleeced. 90% of people on here agree with that. just because one dude was a 5th and the other a top 10 a decade ago doesnt change that

SJ gave up 25g+/55-60pt top 6 forward, a late pick for 2nd and some late picks.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Okay the I told you so when Ottawa has reached the absolute theater of the absurd seems a bit much. You saw the last 12 months coming in Ottawa because honestly stop posting and concentrate on the lottery numbers you see coming if that is the case.:laugh:

I told you so on Ottawa seems a bit much to me in my opinion. This is something I have never seen.
Huh? PD is sniveling moron......that was obvious many, many years ago. I don't need any lottery winnings, good to go ;)

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Tallon just laughs off the cyberbullying accusation. Ho ho ho wives will be wives

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->