Confirmed Trade: [FLA/PIT] Magnus Hellberg for Ludovic Waeber and 2025 cond. 7th round pick

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Want to know condition, but great trade for Florida: our 4th goalie is a weakness and something that coul dmatter

Reactions: MisterT

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I mean, trading Ned seems like the obvious decision, but whatever. Hellberg is making a [relative] lot of money to not play in the AHL, so I understand it. Saves the Penguins some money and gives the Panthers an upgrade far enough down the depth chart to simply be insurance.

Hellberg's contract pays him the same in the AHL as in the NHL. It's sub-$800k, but still.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I wonder if there's any thought to keeping Hellberg around as a 3rd NHL goalie. I was reminded of a small 2019 deadline trade where Columbus acquired Keith Kinkaid from the Devils. Kinkaid never officially appeared in a game for Columbus but him being around meant Bobrovsky could skip practices and be fresher down the stretch. I forget if Kinkaid ever dressed as a backup and Bobrovsky could relax in the press box.

Edit: Looks like Kinkaid dressing as backup to give Bob the night off happened at least once.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad