Confirmed Trade: [FLA/PIT] Bjugstad & McCann for Brassard, Sheahan, 2nd 2019, 4th 2019, 4th 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
You have absurd expectations for a 3rd line player if you're expecting him to be around a .75 PPG.
From certain fan's reactions on this board, I was expecting more than 8 points in 20 games.

I'm glad he's gone, but I don't HATE him like certain other cats fans.

Just happy we got something of value for him and HAPPY I don't need to watch him anymore.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
From certain fan's reactions on this board, I was expecting more than 8 points in 20 games.

I'm glad he's gone, but I don't HATE him like certain other cats fans.

Just happy we got something of value for him and HAPPY I don't need to watch him anymore.

He's on pace for 35 points as the 3C for the Penguins and is having a noticable positive impact. If he was a better finisher he'd likely be closer to 15 points at this point, he and his line generate a ton of chances. People are speaking highly of him because he's producing well and looks really good.

Speaking of which, he just had a goal for his 200th NHL point.

Reactions: NEPA and BHD

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Lol I just looked at Bjugstad's stats. Was thinking he'd be around .75 PPG. Not even at .5 PPG. And he has one more point than Shehan.

What the hell? How many third centers are at .75 points? A second line pivot is lucky to hit 60 points, let alone your third pivot.

Bjugstad had another goal and an assist tonight... which means he has six goals as a Pen, Sheahan has one.

It’s not really close to who is having a bigger impact. Bjugstad is everything they have been looking for as their third pivot so far.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
What the hell? How many third centers are at .75 points? A second line pivot is lucky to hit 60 points, let alone your third pivot.

Bjugstad had another goal and an assist tonight... which means he has six goals as a Pen, Sheahan has one.

It’s not really close to who is having a bigger impact. Bjugstad is everything they have been looking for as their third pivot so far.

The same people who tell me every year how easy it is to find/replace a 20 goal scorer and that they are a dime a dozen and can be found for peanuts.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Hes making 4.5 million a year. Is that worth 40 points?

He keeps playing like this, hell ya. They were going to give Staal 5-6m back in ‘12 when the cap was way lower. Now he’s making 6m per and avg around 47 points.

Aside from the HBK magic that needed Kessel and lasted about 3 months, their third line hasn’t looked this good since the Staal days.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
so you're saying there's no way a player who played the start of his career for a basement-dwelling franchise has no chance of becoming a better player once he gets to a better team playing in a role better suited for him in 3c?

Not too sure about that one. He's been everything we could've hoped for, and Pitt has relatively high standards for a 3C.

You will see

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Sullivan has created a beast of a third line having Bjugstad center Simon and Hornqvist. Many D-zone starts but not many chances against. Possession monsters.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
You will see

See what? The only critiques of his game offered were that he doesn’t use his size, as though if he was a smaller player he’d somehow be acceptable. He’s a decent 3rd line C who can shoot and protect the puck pretty well. I’ll take that all day. He doesn’t really seem worse than Bonino who makes the same amount.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
He has the size and reach to be very effective down low and on the boards. He can be physical enough and his skill set is good enough to be a really good fit for the Pens. the trade was about infusing youth and upside into the Pens top 9 and two players gone anyway and three picks. But those picks are turned into McCann and Bjugstad who are in all probability much better than what the Pens draft with the second and third.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I mean, maybe I’m off considering what certain players went for, but Bjugstad is a lesser version of Granlund who returned Fiala and McCann is that ideal bottom six forward that every playoff team is looking for.

Just weird trade from Florida’s perspective, but when you hear they were in on Stone it makes a little more sense.

Bjugstad is a way, way, way lesser version of Granlund so I really dont understand that comparison?

Jensen is a lesser version of Subban so I cant believe we didn't return Carlson for him??

Reactions: Smasher and klabob

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
If the Panthers only got "a couple picks" for Bjugstad and McCann, then I'm fine with rounding his cap hit up a bit :laugh:

Not sure who said a couple of picks, but I think they got fair compensation for both. And I think the Pens got two good players.

The Pens paid:
a 4th to Upgrade from Brass to Bjugstad.
a 4th and a 2nd to Upgrade Sheahan to McCann

It doesn't matter what these players did in the past. They are fitting in and doing great in Pitt. This deal also made the Pens younger which is very important.

And Florida stocked up on picks and cap space. If the drafts go right and they land bob and Panarin, its going to be well worth it for them too.

I think both GM's did a great job building this trade.

Reactions: domaug

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
See what? The only critiques of his game offered were that he doesn’t use his size, as though if he was a smaller player he’d somehow be acceptable. He’s a decent 3rd line C who can shoot and protect the puck pretty well. I’ll take that all day. He doesn’t really seem worse than Bonino who makes the same amount.

I would actually argue that he’s too big for his game, honestly. He’s a really easy pocket to pick. He’s easy to separate from the puck. He’s not very strong... he can protect the puck well until he gets driven into a corner.

In regards to his supposed offense, he goes in streaks. Sometimes he’s just not there. At all.

I think he far better fits Pittsburgh than Florida. Florida has a logjam if players for his position who can all play the role the same or better. This allows them a little more flexibility.

The McCann thing is the same deal, though I don’t think Florida should’ve traded him just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad