Confirmed Trade: [FLA/PIT] Bjugstad & McCann for Brassard, Sheahan, 2nd 2019, 4th 2019, 4th 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
He could until he couldn’t. That line never found the same chemistry again.

If the Penguins had offered Bonino the same deal, and if he’d accepted it, I think the Penguins would still have been in a similar position last season and this season in needing to upgrade 3C. We probably would’ve shipped Bonino out in order to get Brassard. Bonino was pretty invisible for, like, 75% of his time as a Penguin. I’ll reiterate that for about 10% of the time he played at a Con Smythe-caliber level, but obviously that wasn’t duplicable.

Looking at what he’s done in Nashville doesn’t make me miss him any more.

The funny thing is he is trying to pass himself off as a Pens fan but doesn’t know what HBK stood for. That is laughable. Obviously Bronze Spruce is not a Pens fan. If you don’t know what HBK is you are no Pens fan!:nod:

Reactions: Jacob

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
Maybe my argument is getting somewhat misconstrued here.

The number of assests used to get where we are at with the 3rd line center is frightening.

How many assests are to many to make you say hey at this point we should’ve just signed Bonino and keep these assests.

If you’re ok with spending this much on Bjugstad then i guess that’s your right but for me its way to much.

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
The funny thing is he is trying to pass himself off as a Pens fan but doesn’t know what HBK stood for. That is laughable. Obviously Bronze Spruce is not a Pens fan. If you don’t know what HBK is you are no Pens fan!:nod:

What exactly are you talking about? The arguement was being made that bonino couldnt play with Kessel yet Kessel gave a conn Smythe performance while playing with Bonino? Sure the next season it wasn’t as magical but to give up on it completely and expect Bjugstad to be a better fit for .....reasons, is crazy

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
He’s kinda killing it this year in Nashville. 14 goals, 27pts in 53 games and a plus 24.
Last year 12 goals and 25 points which would not of been our answer to 3peat and he would of already have been traded after that season. Honestly I don’t think he would of made it through last season with those numbers. Bonino wouldn’t of made it past last years deadline.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I like Bjugstads size, it’d be nice if he could use some of that to play down low on that line and maybe crash the net a bit. I know after hearing an interview with one of the Florida reporters they said he isn’t as good on the wing and that kinda hurt his production that last season or so, but it’s Crosby so maybe he will work out on wing. It’s only been two games but i dont recall him looking slow, hopefully he could keep up with Sid and jake.

No ones said he isn’t good on the wing, he isn’t as good at center and it was painfully evident.

Cool he worked out a game or two for Pitt, he had flashes in Florida and then would frustratingly disappoint.

As I’ve said, I wish him well, but I’ll never miss the f***ing guy. Don’t get Pens fans sticking their noses up in here about him, I’ll NEVER wish he was here, couldn’t wait to get rid of him.

So, go on, enjoy him. You’re welcome, and thank YOU very much for taking him and helping us free up the cap space and recoup some picks. Maybe it’s a win-win, but it’s a win for us moving that porcelain giant and his contract off the team.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
Umm HBK? Bonino could play with Kessel. But the pens do believe with no evidence at all that Bjugstad with the same cap hit and term can play 3rd line center with Kessel? Your arguement doesn’t make much sense.

So what makes you think Bjugstad can do the job with the same cap hit?

You know why I think Bonino could do the job? Because he did. Might not have as great the next season but still at this point no one has really said why Bjugstad would be better aside from they hope or wish he’s better.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Yes. Bonino sucked as a Penguin outside of one insane playoff run.

And I’m not sure he would’ve signed here even if the Penguins made the same offer as Nashville. He wanted a chance to be a top-6 center.

I personally disagree.

As for the contract, wasn't it said that he was willing to give Pittsburgh a discount to stay?

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
No ones said he isn’t good on the wing, he isn’t as good at center and it was painfully evident.

Cool he worked out a game or two for Pitt, he had flashes in Florida and then would frustratingly disappoint.

As I’ve said, I wish him well, but I’ll never miss the ****ing guy. Don’t get Pens fans sticking their noses up in here about him, I’ll NEVER wish he was here, couldn’t wait to get rid of him.

So, go on, enjoy him. You’re welcome, and thank YOU very much for taking him and helping us free up the cap space and recoup some picks. Maybe it’s a win-win, but it’s a win for us moving that porcelain giant and his contract off the team.

Interview with Florida media who gave analsys of Bjugstad said he wasn’t as good on the wing.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
What exactly are you talking about? The arguement was being made that bonino couldnt play with Kessel yet Kessel gave a conn Smythe performance while playing with Bonino? Sure the next season it wasn’t as magical but to give up on it completely and expect Bjugstad to be a better fit for .....reasons, is crazy
They gave it a whole next season and the line got broken up because it wasn’t working. The next season after he left Bonino had another bad season so how long do you wait for the line to work again? Worry about your own team you clearly don’t know our players or our team. I have been a season ticket holder for longer that Crosby has been playing and watch every game. I think I know a little more about who is working out and who is not. You didn’t even know what HBK meant and you are trying to tell me who works with our team. Go back to your own teams board.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe my argument is getting somewhat misconstrued here.

The number of assests used to get where we are at with the 3rd line center is frightening.

How many assests are to many to make you say hey at this point we should’ve just signed Bonino and keep these assests.

If you’re ok with spending this much on Bjugstad then i guess that’s your right but for me its way to much.
Most of those “assets” are altogether worthless. 2nd round picks rarely become NHL regulars, let alone 3rd and 4th rounders. Wilson is waiver wire fodder. Reaves & Cole weren’t re-signing here.

Yes, it sucks giving up assets. Not sure anyone will disagree with that. But Bonino wasn’t / isn’t the answer. Obviously Brassard wasn’t either. Maybe Bjugstad or McCann won’t be either.

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
They gave it a whole next season and the line got broken up because it wasn’t working. The next season after he left Bonino had another bad season so how long do you wait for the line to work again? Worry about your own team you clearly don’t know our players or our team. I have been a season ticket holder for longer that Crosby has been playing and watch every game. I think I know a little more about who is working out and who is not. You didn’t even know what HBK meant and you are trying to tell me who works with our team. Go back to your own teams board.

When did I ever say I didn’t know what HBK meant. I poster commented on how bonino didnt work with Kessel yet Kessel turned in a conn smythe performance with bonino . Hagelin bonino kessel, trust me man been there got the T-shirt.

So you as a season ticket holder are cool with blowing thru assests to finally arrive at Bjugstad? Why?

You dont see the absolute failure that’s taken place in order to replace bonino? Which ill say again, we will be lucky if Bjugstad can fill that role.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
When did I ever say I didn’t know what HBK meant. I poster commented on how bonino didnt work with Kessel yet Kessel turned in a conn smythe performance with bonino . Hagelin bonino kessel, trust me man been there got the T-shirt.

So you as a season ticket holder are cool with blowing thru assests to finally arrive at Bjugstad? Why?

You dont see the absolute failure that’s taken place in order to replace bonino? Which ill say again, we will be lucky if Bjugstad can fill that role.

Your exact beginning of your post said this.

Umm HBK?

I think that says it all fake Pens fan Troll. :thumbd:

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
Most of those “assets” are altogether worthless. 2nd round picks rarely become NHL regulars, let alone 3rd and 4th rounders. Wilson is waiver wire fodder. Reaves & Cole weren’t re-signing here.

Yes, it sucks giving up assets. Not sure anyone will disagree with that. But Bonino wasn’t / isn’t the answer. Obviously Brassard wasn’t either. Maybe Bjugstad or McCann won’t be either.

Exactly, know all that you’re still willing to go this route? Those assests might have brought you something else, instead they were wasted on Brassard. Funny how you for the 1st and at this point ill take all the draft picks we can get because the cupboard is bare. Especially after trading away a young goal scorer (2nd rounder by the way)on an entry level contract. We need guys to come up for cheap to stay competitive.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Who? Every media member I read knows he’s better on the wing. At least when he’s paired with Barkov

His best season was when he was 22 and he had 24 goals and 43 points in 72 games playing Center. He was Panthers leading goal scorer that year and also 3rd in points and second in points per game. I think he can play either equally well as long as he has some good players to play with. So far he is playing with Kessel. If they move him to wing he plays with Crosby or Malkin so any line or either position he will have a top tier player to play with.

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
Your exact beginning of your post said this.

Umm HBK?

I think that says it all fake Pens fan Troll. :thumbd:

Yea still not following?

Poster said bonino didnt work with kessel

I said HBK

Kessel performed with bonino on the HBK line did he not? I realize that was for the first cup run. It’s more than most of my opposition has to go off of, no one really has any footing when it comes to Bjugstad center kessel.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Yea still not following?

Poster said bonino didnt work with kessel

I said HBK

Kessel performed with bonino on the HBK line did he not? I realize that was for the first cup run. It’s more than most of my opposition has to go off of, no one really has any footing when it comes to Bjugstad center kessel.

Phil put the K, in HBK!

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
His best season was when he was 22 and he had 24 goals and 43 points in 72 games playing Center. He was Panthers leading goal scorer that year and also 3rd in points and second in points per game. I think he can play either equally well as long as he has some good players to play with. So far he is playing with Kessel. If they move him to wing he plays with Crosby or Malkin so any line or either position he will have a top tier player to play with.

Thanks for the education, I watched him that season. Was before he was injured and we had several injuries so he played as the top center for a good chunk of the season.

Again, I’ve watched him for his entire pro career.

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for the education, I watched him that season. Was before he was injured and we had several injuries so he played as the top center for a good chunk of the season.

Again, I’ve watched him for his entire pro career.

This CrosbyMalkin seems to know it all.

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
CrosbyMalkin said
Agreed, all take Bjugstad over Bonino any day. Pens want a Center that can play with Kessel. Pens didn’t believe Bonino was worth that cap hit and they are right. That shouldn’t be that hard. How many Centers wouldn’t want that job? Unfortunately Brassard was one.​

Umm HBK? Bonino could play with Kessel. But the pens do believe with no evidence at all that Bjugstad with the same cap hit and term can play 3rd line center with Kessel? Your arguement doesn’t make much sense.

Pens want a center that can play with Kessel. Quote from CrosbyMalkin

Umm HBK, Bonino did play well with Kessel.

What’s the problem here? Or have we convinced ourself that’s Bjugstad can play with kessel for....reasons (which no one has given)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Exactly my point, hagelin Bonino Kessel. So bonino and Kessel DID work well together at one point.
Everyone else are the ones saying they didnt work well together.
Everyone else is pointing out they did play well together and then it fizzled out and their PO success was never duplicated. And it’s not like it wasn’t given chances.

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
Agreed, all take Bjugstad over Bonino any day. Pens want a Center that can play with Kessel. Pens didn’t believe Bonino was worth that cap hit and they are right. That shouldn’t be that hard. How many Centers wouldn’t want that job? Unfortunately Brassard was one.

But why though? You’re entitled to that opinion but within the context of the argument being assest to get to Bjugstad is the key

Bonino 4.1 cap hit and Bjugstad 4.1 cap hit are very similar but is Bjugstad so much better that you would be willing to go back in hindsight and give up Reaves, Cole, Wilson, Gustavsson, 1st, 2nd, and two 4ths to get him?

Because that’s the argument I’m making here, with hindsight you would still rather go down this route to end up at Bjugstad than to just sign bonino and keep or use those assests elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad