Confirmed Trade: [FLA/PIT] Bjugstad & McCann for Brassard, Sheahan, 2nd 2019, 4th 2019, 4th 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Brassard with an assist tonight on the Hoffman goal. They clearly still have some chemistry from their OTT days.
His skating is a lot better than some PIT fans were saying. He looks very much alive tonight.

Sheahan noticeable down low in the dirty areas.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Brassard with an assist tonight on the Hoffman goal. They clearly still have some chemistry from their OTT days.
His skating is a lot better than some PIT fans were saying. He looks very much alive tonight.

Sheahan noticeable down low in the dirty areas.

I honestly think Brassard's problem was that he was pissed about having to play as a defensive 3C in a contract year. I think the biggest reason he failed in Pittsburgh was his effort here.

Do u need more context than that?

Oh boy, you hate Bjugstad so much that you'll actually cling to +/- to **** on him. Just yikes.

Just casually ignoring the fact that Bjugstad has 5 shots and 3 hits tonight, what matters is that he was on the ice for a goal against.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I honestly think Brassard's problem was that he was pissed about having to play as a defensive 3C in a contract year. I think the biggest reason he failed in Pittsburgh was his effort here.

Oh boy, you hate Bjugstad so much that you'll actually cling to +/- to **** on him. Just yikes.

Just casually ignoring the fact that Bjugstad has 5 shots and 3 hits tonight, what matters is that he was on the ice for a goal against.

I think Sheahan could be kept as a 4C option if he plays decent defensively, maybe a cheap PTO like deal. 1 year, $1.1 million type.
Brassard should be pumped on the 2nd line and dumped at deadline for a 2nd/two 3rds.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Sheahan could be kept as a 4C option if he plays decent defensively, maybe a cheap PTO like deal. 1 year, $1.1 million type.
Brassard should be pumped on the 2nd line and dumped at deadline for a 2nd/two 3rds.

I think you can definitely get more than that for Brassard. I think you can at least get a 2nd and a prospect for Brassard. I've said it a bunch of times, but Brassard for Bobrovsky is a move I'd be trying to make.

I think there are legit reasons for why those 2 struggled with the Penguins this year that aren't "they're just bad hockey players", so I think both will do better when used properly (at center for Sheahan, on a scoring line for Brassard). That doesn't excuse their performance with the Penguins for this year, because they were both really bad for the Penguins, but I think they should be performing close to their capabilities when they're used properly.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think you can definitely get more than that for Brassard. I think you can at least get a 2nd and a prospect for Brassard. I've said it a bunch of times, but Brassard for Bobrovsky is a move I'd be trying to make.

I think there are legit reasons for why those 2 struggled with the Penguins this year that aren't "they're just bad hockey players", so I think both will do better when used properly (at center for Sheahan, on a scoring line for Brassard). That doesn't excuse their performance with the Penguins for this year, because they were both really bad for the Penguins, but I think they should be performing close to their capabilities when they're used properly.

If he can produce a good stat line the next few weeks then maybe, espcially if we add a pick from our end as well.
I'd love to ship Brassard + 2nd + b/c level prospect for Panarin if possible. Don't think that's enough but if we can get a 2nd at minimum, that just helps us package a bunch of picks for help on D or G.

We could probably recoup another 2nd for Pysyk, so losing one for Panarin to get the 8th year option is a good bargain.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Jesus just everyone understand we paid really a 2nd and a pair of 4th which the team had 3 of to get youth and term along with reclamation upside. This isn’t physics it’s basic 2 + 2 math.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Grasping at straws my man

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Oh, sorry for interrupting your "being a dick" routine, I thought we are just comparing the players. Nevermind, carry on.

Go talk about Lowry on your own board with people that might care. No one wants to listen to you cry about one mans opinon about him. This is a trade thread about the Pens and Panthers. You keep your Lowry. Your happy we are happy.:thumbu:

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
We all knew Brassard still could play and that he was not happy being the 3C with the Pens and his lower playing time. Now he will show his value which will help the Panthers get a better return. I am fine with that because now we have players that want to play those minutes and are younger and have term. This could very easily be a win win trade.

Funny how after I ignored him his quote I replied to also went away, ha ha. That really is a nice feature. Troll free posting!

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I don't see why it's such a bad move for the Pens. Brassard was ineffective every game I saw, and players like Sheahan can be found.

The bar is low for Bjugstad and McCann. They only have to be a little better than two guys who pretty much sucked.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
We all knew Brassard still could play and that he was not happy being the 3C with the Pens and his lower playing time. Now he will show his value which will help the Panthers get a better return. I am fine with that because now we have players that want to play those minutes and are younger and have term. This could very easily be a win win trade.

Nick Bjugstad is one of the worst hockey players I’ve ever seen. If he was 5’8 he’d be working at the YMCA.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I don't see why it's such a bad move for the Pens. Brassard was ineffective every game I saw, and players like Sheahan can be found.

The bar is low for Bjugstad and McCann. They only have to be a little better than two guys who pretty much sucked.

They both played well tonight. Our team is missing one of our generational players last couple games and it was nice to have a Center that could step up and still provide a good 2nd line. McCann seems like a better option for us than Sheahan for us also. I think when the Pens get back Malkin, Schultz, and Aston-Reese we are going to have some interesting decisions to make with Blueger making it hard to take out of the lineup.

Pens fans what do you think happens with that? Wilson obviously 1 and my guess it will still be Blueger but with 2 goals in his first 3 games he is not going to make it easy.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

Sheahan can easily be a good 4C for you guys but I doubt he signs that cheap.

Also Brassard will get you much more than that. I bet a 1st or 2 2nds so you are off a round.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
No points and a minus 1. Give him a raise.

What did he do to cause so much anger in you? Pitt's full team wasn't if even out there. You can't judge the dude playing a position he most likely won't be playing when Geno gets back AND not having his likely linemate.

But hey, if this venting helps you, continue on.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I think I saw on The Score that Brassard may be traded before the deadline again. Can anyone else confirm this?

The Panthers are still trying to get into the playoffs so they aren't going to trade them... at least not yet like if the Panthers go on to an extended losing streak before TDL.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
What did he do to cause so much anger in you? Pitt's full team wasn't if even out there. You can't judge the dude playing a position he most likely won't be playing when Geno gets back AND not having his likely linemate.

But hey, if this venting helps you, continue on.
There’s a few I’m the panthers board that just trash him regurdless. They will follow him and the second he gets a minus they will be in this thread trashing him and bringing it up even tho they don’t watch or have a clue what even happened. Pretty easy to not give their opinions any merit whatsoever as they r obviously biased for some funny reason. U won’t hear from them
When he gets a point or plays well. He is a solid player that is versatile and can play anywhere. He’ll go missing and not produce from time to time but he’s paid 4 mill. He’s not supposed to be a superstar that produces game in and game out. The trade is good for panthers yes but not because
They exclusively got rid of bjugstad. Hope he plays well in Pitts I’m sure he will. He has
Been good when healthy here

Reactions: CrosbyMalkin

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Interesting to see Hoffman and Brassard re-united at Florida. That would really give a good 2nd line for them.

They were 60% together in GF on their Ottawa days. 50% without each other and rest of team 38.9% without either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->