Proposal: FLA-PHI

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
By all means throw in a mid round pick lol

Lol. I cant stress enough how much I wouldn't consider this deal if we had a competent head coach. But if he's gon a continue to sit him in favor of quite literally, the worst statistical defenseman in the league, we may as well get a useful player in return.

I'm also not naive enough to think that said head coach's poor use of Ghost hasn't affected his value to some degree. Though, I strongly disagree with most about how much so.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
I think any trades involving Ghost went out the window when Laine, presumably, came off the market.

There's just too much lost value unless he's part of a larger package that's netting an elite asset.

Ghost wouldn't be part of a Laine trade but it's cute that you think he has such value.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Ghost wouldn't be part of a Laine trade but it's cute that you think he has such value.
You never know what GM's are thinking as we have seen this offseason.

"According to sources close to Winnipeg's operations, the Jets have interest in LHD Shayne Gostisbehere, LW/C Scott Laughton and a first-round pick. Flyers defenseman, Travis Sanheim is also on the Jets radar, however, it appears the Flyers would like to move Gostisbehere instead."

Rumored Trade Package From Philadelphia to Winnipeg for Patrik Laine

Note: I don't believe the above. The Jets have asked for much, much more.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Yeah no thanks. Wouldn’t mind Ghost, but not with Stralman and Yandle still on the roster.

*and sure as shit don’t want to trade Weegar for him.

Last edited:

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
You never know what GM's are thinking as we have seen this offseason.

"According to sources close to Winnipeg's operations, the Jets have interest in LHD Shayne Gostisbehere, LW/C Scott Laughton and a first-round pick. Flyers defenseman, Travis Sanheim is also on the Jets radar, however, it appears the Flyers would like to move Gostisbehere instead."

Rumored Trade Package From Philadelphia to Winnipeg for Patrik Laine

Note: I don't believe the above. The Jets have asked for much, much more.

That package is definitely light on AT LEAST one premium asset (ie Morgan Frost/Joel Farabee)

Personally, I'd only move Laine if he wants out or if I could snag a premium young defenseman in return. There may be more to it than that however

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I would like Ghost here, but not at the expense of Weegar. If we had acquired a guy like Schmidt, I would be more open to this deal.
Then again, we would be top heavy on blueline $ while fielding an crap team below the first line

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
That package is definitely light on AT LEAST one premium asset (ie Morgan Frost/Joel Farabee)

Personally, I'd only move Laine if he wants out or if I could snag a premium young defenseman in return. There may be more to it than that however

Ghost + Laughton and 1st = add (although I'd leave him in Winnipeg.)

Sanheim + Laughton and 1st = Laine (obviously I'd still leave him in Winnipeg.)

Just do not see him being worth remotely what he's going to ask for. Especially with cap questions looming.

Sorry this was somewhat off topic. I don't hate the Ghost to florida proposal.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Ghost + Laughton and 1st = add (although I'd leave him in Winnipeg.)

Sanheim + Laughton and 1st = Laine (obviously I'd still leave him in Winnipeg.)

Just do not see him being worth remotely what he's going to ask for. Especially with cap questions looming.

Sorry this was somewhat off topic. I don't hate the Ghost to florida proposal.

Fair....

I'd imagine Sanheim would be a non-starter for you guys

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
No from Philly. Nothing against Weegar, but if the Flyers can't use Ghost as part of a bigger package to land an impact player they need (a legit, top-6 sniper or a short-term RHD who can play top pairing) they are better off getting him in shape and putting him in the position to succeed this season. If Ghost can get fully healthy, rested, and can get off to a red hot start--his value will increase significantly. The Flyers are absolutely in no rush to trade Gostisbehere for anything short of what they need--he's reasonably paid, has term on his deal, and could be exposed to protect their other D in the expansion draft if needed. Trading Ghost--just to trade him--would likely be selling him for dimes on the dollar. Fletcher would be a fool to do that.

If there's something to be done with Florida--and they have any interest in Ghost--I'd rather Fletcher look into what additions would need to be added to acquire a player like Huberdeau. It would likely be too rich for the Flyers blood, but that's the conversation I'd have.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
At this point, as long as we're not moving Provorov, Sanheim, or Myers (and we absolutely shouldn't) we should just let Ghost build up his value, leave him exposed, and wish him well in Seattle next year. Anyone we add at D is probably going to get taken by Seattle in his stead, so it doesn't make that much difference unless we're combining assets to make a bigger play, probably for a forward.

Reactions: Tripod and Boxscore

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
At this point, as long as we're not moving Provorov, Sanheim, or Myers (and we absolutely shouldn't) we should just let Ghost build up his value, leave him exposed, and wish him well in Seattle next year. Anyone we add at D is probably going to get taken by Seattle in his stead, so it doesn't make that much difference unless we're combining assets to make a bigger play, probably for a forward.
Exactly right. Trading Ghost for a RFA like Weegar--who will probably want a NMC in his deal to guard against expansion draft--makes no sense for the Flyers. They cannot expose Provorov, Myers or Sanheim at the expense of protecting a player like Weegar.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
This would be horrendous for the panthers. Irrespective of the fit (which is bad for what the panthers need), Weegar is the better player who costs less (at least cap wise).

Weegar has similar trade value to Toews. Ghost had negative value before the flat cap. Now, no team in their right mind would trade for an offensive Dman who’s game has fallen off a cliff, carries a cap hit of $4.5m and owed $10m over the next 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->