Confirmed Buy-Out [FLA] Panthers buyout Keith Yandle

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
The yandle buyout allows for a 7-3-1 leaving stralman exposed. Huge if the kraken take that 5.5m off the Panthers hands.

Was Florida likely going the 8 skaters route otherwise?

Saves $4 million this year, less than a million the year after, then two years of $1.2. Is this an expansion draft move? Maybe Yandle wouldn't waive his NMC?

View attachment 453124

That is what I would surmise. After that Dion Phaneuf situation in 2017, teams are taking a harder line to avoid losing younger talent.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Welcome to Boston Yandle.

Miller retires and probably Lauzon gone in the expansion draft, easy no brainer for a couple mil $$.

Yep, good fit. They have the team defense to insulate Yandle. And actually have a need for someone to run their PP.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
NMC should be buyout-proof.

Because the player is going to be moving before the end of the term.
You’d see a hell of a lot less NMCs if they were buyout proof.
Personally I support the idea that a veteran player should have earned the right to not get traded when they sign, but they absolutely should not be free of being cut from the team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You’d see a hell of a lot less NMCs if they were buyout proof.
Personally I support the idea that a veteran player should have earned the right to not get traded when they sign, but they absolutely should not be free of being cut from the team.
Iirc the nmc stemmed from McCabe being threatened to be demoted if he didn’t waive his ntc. So once a team did something backhanded like that, the players and agents moved to protect themselves.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Lots of ex-stars getting bought out these days
Maybe he can continue his ironman streak somewhere else

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
No. Not when your defense is consistently terrible. He was a decent player for one or two years. Mediocre for the rest of those 1032 games. He had one year in the top 10 of Norris voting. One. There is nothing great about his career.

Yeah, what's up with all those players thinking they're good at something while being in the top 5 highest scoring Dmen in the last 10 years?! Making $63 million so far.. Pfft, who does he think he is? Absolutely nothing great about anything of this or anything else for that matter. To be considered doing something great you gotta be number one in every category out there.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Yeah, what's up with all those players thinking they're good at something while being in the top 5 highest scoring Dmen in the last 10 years?! Making $63 million so far.. Pfft, who does he think he is? Absolutely nothing great about anything of this or anything else for that matter. To be considered doing something great you gotta be number one in every category out there.
No, but you have to actually be great. Those other top 5 highest scoring defensemen have all been Norris finalists. In fact all the top 10 scorers except Yandle have been. He accumulates assists. He plays poor defense. That's not great, by any definition.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Wow, a lot of hate. I always had a soft spot for Yandle but I stopped watching him play few years ago. He's that bas defensively??

I’ve never seen a guy who is so adverse to contact play defense. He will do anything to not take a hit including passing the puck to the other team right in the crease. He never plays the body and tries to stick check everybody and he’s not even good at that. Weird thing is he takes a puck to the face loses half his teeth and is back next night, but he looks terrified of board battles.

Reactions: Laus723

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Weird thing is he takes a puck to the face loses half his teeth and is back next night, but he looks terrified of board battles.

Not that weird because he tries to minimize the probability of injury that would sideline him and thus ending his fraudulent ironman streak. Yandle is cutting some many corners in his play that I don't know how coaches and his teammates are able to tolerate him.

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2