GDT: FLA @ NSH 4/27/21 The silly song edition

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
You can't win them all, plus nothing change's in the standing. We could have lost both games ,so take a split against a good team is a good thing, Saturday is the big game. April showers brings May flowers.
Who asked you?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Well, it’s pretty damned obvious now who made us bad early, makes us bad now, and whose absence made us good.

Arvidsson
Johansen
Ellis
Duchene

If Hynes keeps playing them, then he sucks worse than them.

This team has sucked against the top in the division regardless of who is in the lineup. With these guys back they continue to excel against the cellar dwellers, just like we started doing so well when they were out.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Florida played the entire 60 min. They hustled and stuck to their plan and it worked. Our team looked good at times but did not play for 60 min and it showed. If not for Saros playing outstanding, they would have scored several more goals. Should have played Rinne and let Saros rest up for Dallas but I guess the coach thinks the 3 days in between games should be rest enough.

We still have some players not playing a full 60 min when on the ice and it shows. We get outworked in our own end and eventually the puck ends up in the net because we can't either guard the guy were supposed to or the area we are supposed to or both. Sad and very frustrating!

Jul 12, 2007
This team has sucked against the top in the division regardless of who is in the lineup. With these guys back they continue to excel against the cellar dwellers, just like we started doing so well when they were out.
It just seems like these 4 guys who probably make 80 % of the teams payroll, are always instrumental in these crash and burn games, once or twice per week.
It feels like we had fewer of those when they were gone. The young guys might lose, but they didn’t fold and quit like the old burnouts.

“Isn’t this game over yet ? I have Dom Perignon and caviar waiting in my 5K per nite suite ! “

Last edited:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Not going to die on the hill, but I will say that RV is not being used correctly. Either put him in front of the net or sit him.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
The biggest sting in that game was that the PK regressed in a huge way. It was almost as bad as that early Dallas game, where every penalty called was an automatic tip in goal.

It didn't help that the refs were calling some "interesting" penalties on us.

For example, the Trenin call. In the Carolina/Dallas game there was an identical play where the Canes guy dove, tipped the puck away, and got tangled stick/body/arms with the Stars player taking him down. There was no call in that game. In the Panthers/Preds game it was a call and directly helped the Panthers pad their lead.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
The biggest sting in that game was that the PK regressed in a huge way. It was almost as bad as that early Dallas game, where every penalty called was an automatic tip in goal.

For example, the Trenin call. In the Carolina/Dallas game there was an identical play where the Canes guy dove, tipped the puck away, and got tangled stick/body/arms with the Stars player taking him down. There was no call in that game. In the Panthers/Preds game it was a call and directly helped the Panthers pad their lead.

Not wanting to sound like a conspiracy guy or paranoid but since the Tim Peel incident, seems like the refs have had a different feel towards the Preds in the games I have watched and it has been almost all of them. I still hate the way that the refs are like on a pedestal and if you look at them the wrong way you get hit with a penalty. And I don't like how some elite players get away with what they do while a ref is watching and other players that do the same thing get penalized. Playing favorites hurts the game enormously and pisses off the fans!

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019

Preds had that dumb ref make the phony call that led to his “early retirement”. It wasn’t the Preds fault but in support of their “retired”colleague......you see where I’m going. Just an observation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad