Confirmed Trade: [FLA/MIN] Gustav Bouramman for future considerations

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Does anyone actually have anything useful on the kid?
He was looked at to be the Dman to take over for Darnell Nurse after he left SOO. There’s only one available scouting report, that I couldn’t find: “Smart, Quick, and a Good Passer. Average size and not overly physical.”

I didn’t watch SOO, but I watched some of the MIN dev film with him because he actually grew up right near me... his game is somewhat situated to be an offensive Dman. Not the best at reading plays, but he can create some of his own in the Ozone. His production with SOO (82 Points in 134 some games) granted him the move to the AHL where he just didn’t fit.

He doesn’t have any upside in the NHL. FLAs D depth must be in the trenches for this kid to even get a shot. I don’t know why this is a move unless it’s a contractual thing where MIN is nearing the limit or FLA needs more in the AHL... idk.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
He was looked at to be the Dman to take over for Darnell Nurse after he left SOO. There’s only one available scouting report, that I couldn’t find: “Smart, Quick, and a Good Passer. Average size and not overly physical.”

I didn’t watch SOO, but I watched some of the MIN dev film with him because he actually grew up right near me... his game is somewhat situated to be an offensive Dman. Not the best at reading plays, but he can create some of his own in the Ozone. His production with SOO (82 Points in 134 some games) granted him the move to the AHL where he just didn’t fit.

He doesn’t have any upside in the NHL. FLAs D depth must be in the trenches for this kid to even get a shot. I don’t know why this is a move unless it’s a contractual thing where MIN is nearing the limit or FLA needs more in the AHL... idk.

Thank you. Very sure he’s going to be in the A, just wasn’t sure what he was about. Appreciate it.

Reactions: CapnZin

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
seemed like a steal at the time

guess he was just lucky to play on the legend sheldon keefes (why isnt this guy at the nhl level right now)team

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Always wondered, what’s the time frame on ‘future considerations’? Like is there a baby out there right now who will be moving to Minnesota someday bc of this trade?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Always wondered, what’s the time frame on ‘future considerations’? Like is there a baby out there right now who will be moving to Minnesota someday bc of this trade?

It’s a fancy way of saying absolutely nothing.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Ya I know it probably has amount to nothing. But surely there’s been a guy coming back that shocked the hockey world.

Maybe this is the guy!

Sounds like you're confusing 'Future Considerations' with Player to be Named Later (PTBNL) in baseball where the teams select a group of players/prospects that the other team can choose to complete the trade at a later date. In this case, there is nothing going back to Minnesota, they just cleared out a body.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Sounds like you're confusing 'Future Considerations' with Player to be Named Later (PTBNL) in baseball where the teams select a group of players/prospects that the other team can choose to complete the trade at a later date. In this case, there is nothing going back to Minnesota, they just cleared out a body.
Is that what it is?!? I always thought teams got something.

Scratch ticket. Bus. Ham sandwich. A human of some form maybe....

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i don't really understand getting nothing for him even though it opens a roster spot. if we were at 50 or even 49 and we wanted to add somebody then it would make more sense.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
i don't really understand getting nothing for him even though it opens a roster spot. if we were at 50 or even 49 and we wanted to add somebody then it would make more sense.
He has no future here and it opens up a potential spot for someone who could have a future here.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Did this guy bang Guerin's daughter or something? Bill has only had the job for 1 day and already he ships this dude out

So this was Guerin's first trade as GM? Wow. Does he even know who the guy is?

On the other hand, just because Fenton is gone doesn't mean there weren't transactions already in the works under Fenton that weren't halted by the change in management.

Also, its possible Bouramman knows he's far down on the depth chart in the Minnesota org and approached the team about being traded to a place where he'd have a bigger opportunity. Guerin executing a deal like that on behalf of the player would be a good way to win a little trust and respect from the players right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad