Confirmed with Link: FLA acquires Sam Bennett and 6th rounder from CGY, for prospect Emil Heineman and 2nd rounder

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
I read it as the poster trying to think of players who significantly improved after joining Florida, like Bennett. Cullen did f*** all with Florida. Whitney, though, is a great example. In retrospect, seeing how Ray turned out, it's crazy to think that Florida saved his career, as he was plucked off the waiver trash heap from Edmonton. I was sad though to read stories of what a POS person he is. But i guess it isnt surprising since he probably had a pat falloon chip on his shoulder.

All that said, i think Bennett is going to make beating Florida in the playoffs a nightmare. Its no coincidence that only Barkov has been getting more icetime among our forwards. Knowing youll have to deal with either Bennett or Barkov for at least 40 minutes a night is going to be hellish for opponents.

i would rest bennett for the last 2 game so he can be ready for the playoff series against tampa who just earned home ice today by beating detroit today. bennett will be a difference maker in the playoffs series along with barky, huby, acciari, duclair, hornqvist,tippet, vatrano, verhaeghe, bob, and anyone else coach q feels can benefit from a rest. we need to go into the playoffs rested and injury free!!!!!!!! GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAATTTTTTTSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
we can take this series and make a run for the cup!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Reactions: Cold Cat and 5 Hole

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

Watched this in the morning…

Calgary’s pick and Bennett’s cover start at 23:08.

Amazing how it is everything we’ve seen so far playing with us, and « nothing » (still think Sam brought his competitiveness to Calgary everyday) of his play with Calgary…

Sam Bennett was Bob/TSN 2nd ranked prospect in 2014, just behind Ekblad !

Not saying he will be better than Leon, that would be farfetched, but if he can be the best of the two Sams and bring his style of play every night… We will have two of the best building blocks from the 2014 draft, still 24 and improving… That’s crazy !

Still don’t want put too much expectations on the guy’s shoulders, but if he can come in next year, be that 2nd line center that plays with energy in all three zones and puts 20 goals / 20 assists / 40+ points on the board, while being a playoff beast… What an incredibly valuable deal that would be for Bill Zito !

Anything more than that is just the gravy on top !

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
i would rest bennett for the last 2 game so he can be ready for the playoff series against tampa who just earned home ice today by beating detroit today. bennett will be a difference maker in the playoffs series along with barky, huby, acciari, duclair, hornqvist,tippet, vatrano, verhaeghe, bob, and anyone else coach q feels can benefit from a rest. we need to go into the playoffs rested and injury free!!!!!!!! GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAATTTTTTTSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

The bolded is not correct. We can still win home ice if we win out and don't go to overtime or shootouts with Tampa.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
I cant think of an example other than maybe the Wizard.

Matt Cullen?
Off the top of my head- Trocheck? Horton did well after he left.. Frolik did well after he left.. I just seem to recall players living up to their potential after they moved along.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Off the top of my head- Trocheck? Horton did well after he left.. Frolik did well after he left.. I just seem to recall players living up to their potential after they moved along.
Frolik is a decent example. Vinny hasnt been better than his best here, and Horty was only healthy a couple years after leaving. Not sure he ever broke the career high he had here in BOS. May be wrong on that.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Watched this in the morning…

Calgary’s pick and Bennett’s cover start at 23:08.

Amazing how it is everything we’ve seen so far playing with us, and « nothing » (still think Sam brought his competitiveness to Calgary everyday) of his play with Calgary…

Sam Bennett was Bob/TSN 2nd ranked prospect in 2014, just behind Ekblad !

Not saying he will be better than Leon, that would be farfetched, but if he can be the best of the two Sams and bring his style of play every night… We will have two of the best building blocks from the 2014 draft, still 24 and improving… That’s crazy !

Still don’t want put too much expectations on the guy’s shoulders, but if he can come in next year, be that 2nd line center that plays with energy in all three zones and puts 20 goals / 20 assists / 40+ points on the board, while being a playoff beast… What an incredibly valuable deal that would be for Bill Zito !

Anything more than that is just the gravy on top !

Forsling is a 2014 draft as well! :eek: 5th rounder

So is Brandon Montour! 2nd round! And it looks like we got the Duck version not the lame duck version

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Not sure you want to rest Bennett if he is still playing like he is. He has never had this sort of success at the NHL level over a significant period of time the last thing you want is to cool him off by resting him

Reactions: KW

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007

There also was a defenseman, after Witney or around that time that went to Tampa, I just don't do not remember his name, he went to Tampa and became one of their top defenseman, please correct me if my recollection is not on point.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
It is odd how many people want Benett to fail, and consider him trash, that is si far removed from reality.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Can we not derail this thread with Keith Yan-shit talk.

This about Sam Bennett who is brimming with positivity.

Yandle is obviously either baby-ing his play to prolong his streak or he fell off a cliff and became a bottom 10 dman in the league. Either he f***ing sucks for taking streak over team or flat out playing like dogshit.

Maybe he's saving himself for the playoffs like Crosby....

Reactions: harv33173

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Just read this a moment ago and was kind of blown away. Sam Bennett never played more than 20 minutes in a game with the Flames over over the course of his entire career there.

Again props to Zito for spotting an underutilized asset to fit into our system.

Life is just beachy for Sam Bennett since trade to Florida | Calgary Sun
He has played 20-plus minutes on four occasions, something that never happened once in his 402 regular-season dates in the Flaming C.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I always felt like Trocheck's best years as a 2C in Florida were always tied to our power play actually being good. It felt like he lived on the PP. And I think a lot of his success this year is tied to Carolina having a dominant PP.

I am not crowning Bennett yet, but if he can produce 5v5 as a 2C, you take it and you run with excitement.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
I always felt like Trocheck's best years as a 2C in Florida were always tied to our power play actually being good. It felt like he lived on the PP. And I think a lot of his success this year is tied to Carolina having a dominant PP.

I am not crowning Bennett yet, but if he can produce 5v5 as a 2C, you take it and you run with excitement.

Knight, Q, Zito, Bennett, Barkov, Weegar....

Maybe the hockey gods finally realized that Wells for Barnes and Woolley just, wasn't right.

Reactions: Drugs Delaney

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Great article, Bennet sure makes a great Panthers Poster Ad as a destination for any player looking to be traded.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007

When Trocheck was on, he was phenomenal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad