Post-Game Talk: FIXED! Penguins beat Predators 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Dan Bylsma on #Penguins win: "I thought in the second [period] we really took over the game, shift after shift."

Brandon Sutter after Penguins 4-1 win: "We’ve had a tough time scoring. Hopefully, that’s all said and done now and we can look forward."

Dupuis on #Penguins win: "We knew it was a matter of time to play that full 60 minutes the way we want to, and that’s what it looked like."

Just a matter of time till we face a bad team playing their 3rd string goalie!

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
If it's any comfort, between the first and second, Trotz told the Nashville interviewer that the Preds were playing badly and that the Pens weren't really doing much.

Nice to see Neal and Bennett rounding into form a bit.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
i just cannot believe hcdb decided to keep kcd together for this game.

its just absolutely absurd. what does management/media/the biggest homer see in this line??? honest question, how can anyone justify them continually playing together, after displaying such ineptitude?

everyone can agree that the days of a single player (lemieux/gretzky) regularly dominating the league are long since past. the defensive schemes are too good, there isn't a great disparity between the league best and the leagues worst player as once was, and the league is simply too defensive for any one player to dominate. so how can management and co. think kcd is a good line? crosby is grand, we can all agree. but what do shero and bylsma honestly see in kunitz and dupuis? do they think they are wingers that can lead this team to the cup? are they afraid of crosby and only willing to let him play with his bff's? do they think they have discovered hidden gem/late bloomer wingers that are honestly great complements to sid? does management think kunitz/dupuis are legit top line wingers, comparable to those from other contenders in the league? it just doesnt make sense.

ive always thought therrien was rather significantly underrated and that hcdb benefited tremendously from inheriting an ideal situation. byslam isn't the worst coach, but i dont believe hes anything special. im pretty sure its his time to go.

but shero man, ive alway believed hes been among the best gms in the league. i was completely confident that he would make the right move and can bylsma this summer. yet that didnt happen.

who remember those reports after that flyers series of how pissed off shero was? losing in such an epic fashion would not be tolerated, we all believed.

and yet damn near nothing has changed since then. shero is all sizzle and no steak. continually embarrassed year after year, yet keeps the same idiot coach and idiot goaltender on the team.

ive been on the "fire hcdb" bandwagon for a year or so, but im about 48 hours from jumping on the "fire shero" bandwagon as well.

hcdb/shero are wasting the prime years of crosby/malkin, and its a huge shame.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
don't underestimate our ability to bicker for 5 pages about what is and isn't a good game.

5 pages? Sheesh... You know better than that.

+ Letang
Geno
Neal
Glass (I'll explain since I'm required to).
Bennett
Suter

Biggest + goes to having Martin back. That made my day. A solid calming presence.

Even though the first half of the game was by far Määtta's worst he rebounded nicely and was even doing a fine job on the PK. He has also taken over a top four spot in front of Niskanen which is AWESOME.

Speaking if which, man... This dude has zero redeeming qualities as a defenseman right now. He is awful. He was awful tonight, will be awful tomorrow and it will be incredibly awful when we trade him and our return is lessened because the team didn't strike while the iron was hot.

My Glass expectations are low. Very low. I expect him to be a 4th line energy guy. Throw big hits and wear people down with those hits. I expect him to do a solid job on the PK. I expect him to stick up for his teammates. I expect him to stir the lot a bit. I expect him to not get scored on and if he does I expect that it isn't a glaring error by him which caused it. I expect him to draws me penalties while not taking stupid ones himself. And finally I expect him to be able to actually skate, be able to keep up with the play and know the system.
Now, having said that, I would make it known now that I wouldn'tve signed him in the first place. But since he IS here and there is nothing that can be done about that, these are my expectations.
So for tonight he did his job and was effective on the PK. He seperated bodies from pucks and was not a liability. In fact, I'll give credit to the entire fourth line tonight. They weren't pinned in the zone all night like usual and even had a couple of strong shifts cycling. So given that, did Glass play even with his expectation, above or below? That is how I judge each individual on the ice, based on them and them alone.
And as far as fights go, that was a hell of a punch the TKO'd Nystrom. I hope he is alright as he is one of my favorite non-Penguin players and a guy I wanted for the playoffs last season.

Do t know what's up with Sid still. He is playing so far below average for himself that it is a little bit concerning.

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
If only we could play lottery pick teams in the playoffs Disco's system would finally work.

Oh yeah, I forgot to give a + for us beating a lottery team. Thanks for reminding me.

- for Dags getting a point. This only justifies scratching Megna for some unknown reason, playing Dags instead and then sending Megna down. Great, it only took him 6 games to register a point?
Makes perfect sense.

Wasz

Apr 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I didn't get to watch the game. I have to admit, I'm only mildly surprised and pretty upset to hear there weren't changes to the line combinations.

I mean they won, so clearly they got to their game and now there is even less reason to even think about making changes to anything. We have that going for us... which is nice.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Jiggy: just be sure you watch out for dem scungilli eatin' mother****ers. And stop calling me "nazi" god damnit. I am sith-kind... not nazi.

There's a difference. :laugh:

You're too deep, man. You gotta start up on the Splenda... just for a little bit... until you can get clean.

And CV... the scary thing is I don't think those were girls wooing.

Just a bunch of doucher pre-teen boys with half a ballbag still up in their guts.

I was afraid of that but I didn't want to believe it was true. I liked the idea of drunken hoors trying to be funny better.

they are girls
and drunk
and naked

in my head.

Pass the cereal.

Oh really?

n5KSZ6QpdS-12.png

Dear God... Somehow this image is even freakier going along with both of these topics. Put down the cereal friends... And step away quickly

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Firstly, i wonder if Zach Sill checks in for a game here(possibly today or Monday) and who sits? Vitale? or D'Agostini?

They probably want to bump Glass up cuz he's "so awesome" and try Sill on 4th line LW or C(if Vitale isn't winning draws).

Glass-Sutter-Bennett
Sill-Vitale-Adams

or

Bennett-Sutter-D'Agostini
Glass-Sill-Adams

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Also, up 4-1 in the 3rd was the perfect oppurtunity to experiement with Sid's line. At what point, of that line not producing 5on5, will they finally start to experiment?

If anything i hope they don't produce, Sid gets his points on the PP, and something finally happens.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I didn't get to watch the game. I have to admit, I'm only mildly surprised and pretty upset to hear there weren't changes to the line combinations.

I mean they won, so clearly they got to their game and now there is even less reason to even think about making changes to anything. We have that going for us... which is nice.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

They just got Bennett and Neal back. It's going to take time and patience to get some of those lines going. The only change I'd make right now is with Sid's line. That line has been intact all year and Duper has struggled to get going. Crosby has started slumping too. Funny that Dupuis finally scores last night and it's on basically a makeshift 3rd line with Sutter and D'Agostini after a failed Pens PP.

I'd probably switch Duper and Bennett in the lineup (Duper to line 3 and Bennett to line 1) but Bennett isn't exactly lighting it up and forcing his way up the lineup right now either. He has just 2 assists in his 8 games played this year. Granted he did play very well last night. He also just got back from injury and obviously not producing with Sutter isn't the same as not producing on a line with Sid.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Also, up 4-1 in the 3rd was the perfect oppurtunity to experiement with Sid's line. At what point, of that line not producing 5on5, will they finally start to experiment?

If anything i hope they don't produce, Sid gets his points on the PP, and something finally happens.

To be fair, he did have a few looks with Bennett for entire shifts in the first 2 periods. Dupuis even scored on the 3rd line.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Sure we didn't beat the best team in the league and so far this year it's been meh but at least we're winning these games. Anyways the way we played last Saturday in St Louis is the way this team needs to play on a nightly basis. If we can play like that we will win and be tough to play against in the playoffs

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
There are ebbs and flows to the season for 82 games. Pens have been unable to finish and shows up at times. What is a concern is the Pens are not close to a cup contender right now. Maybe Scuderi makes a difference in the quality of the D. Perhaps grinding out a season will help in the playoffs. No question however Pens are playing down to the competition. When that happens, it is an indication that the head coach is no longer pushing detail. The Steelers started paying down to the bad teams 2011, now they are at best average. What you are seeing are little things repeating over and over. Some has to narrow the focus or like the Steelers the Pens will continue to accept a fantasy of wait until we get to our game or as Tomlin calls it "unleash hell"

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I just got a text from the Pens that Monday night's special promotion is those in attendance will receive a leftover bat from Pirates Bat Night and will be able use it to beat mercilessly and crush the brainless skulls of those cretins who woo. Such witless banality should not go unpunished.

It should be awesome.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I just got a text from the Pens that Monday night's special promotion is those in attendance will receive a leftover bat from Pirates Bat Night and will be able use it to beat mercilessly and crush the brainless skulls of those cretins who woo. Such witless banality should not go unpunished.

It should be awesome.

That sounds fun, hopefully they don't let Neal use a bat ever again!!!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Dear God... Somehow this image is even freakier going along with both of these topics. Put down the cereal friends... And step away quickly

Ya I hear you.

Everyone knows Darth Vader is taller than Hitler. Freaky deaky.

P.S. - Don't be baggin' on my cereal.

P.P.S. - Glass sucks.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm even less impressed with the lines today, it's ridiculous. It's good that Bylsma doesn't have a job that could get someone killed, "No, I refuse to evacuate. I never do that, I've committed to toughing it out; they'll handle it eventually."

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
It seems that HCDB always emphasizes speed when speaking about Sid's line and who can play on it. So a bunch of players would never be considered for that reason. Aside from Kunitz and Dupuis who are some of the faster skaters on this team?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It seems that HCDB always emphasizes speed when speaking about Sid's line and who can play on it. So a bunch of players would never be considered for that reason. Aside from Kunitz and Dupuis who are some of the faster skaters on this team?

I'd sign Usain Bolt if it meant the demotion of Pascal Dupuis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->