Post-Game Talk: FIXED! Penguins beat Predators 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
a3894311470_10.jpg

Nino believes this thread is getting off track.

The Nazi hates Rice Krispy treats...

How did I know?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Of the four goals scored, only one (Letang) came from one of the normal line combinations. The first came when Dupuis was with Sutter and D'Ags, the second came on the PP, and the fourth goal came from Sutter with Jokinen and Bennett.

Bylsma's preferred line combinations didn't do jack.

Root Sports kinda glossed over that. At the end of the game, when they were talking about the JJ-Malkin-Neal line with their headshots on the screen, made it sound like they'd actually produced something together as a line when they really didn't. Neal and Malkin ... now that's another story.

Poor Geno. He's gone from 'I'm score' to 'I'm assist'. Doubt that will be true much longer, though.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Jiggy: just be sure you watch out for dem scungilli eatin' mother****ers. And stop calling me "nazi" god damnit. I am sith-kind... not nazi.

There's a difference. :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You think this is my first spin around the sugar train sir?

You're too deep, man. You gotta start up on the Splenda... just for a little bit... until you can get clean.

And CV... the scary thing is I don't think those were girls wooing.

Just a bunch of doucher pre-teen boys with half a ballbag still up in their guts.

Penguinzilla*

+ Neal -forgot how good/valuable he is
+ Bennett - creativity and skill is awesome. Absolute best option for Crosby's RW, Sid needs someone that can create a least a LITTLE space. Unlike Dupuis, who can't even stickhandle or make a simple pass. Sucks that Bylsma will bury him until he fails.
+ Crosby - In general, for doing what he does with a handcuff like Dupuis
+ Glass. He doesn't kinda totally suck, but barely not (worst sentence ever)

- PP. just SHOOT THE PUCK
- Dupuis - worthless. AHL skills. Not a good NHL hockey player
- Playing fantasy hockey - I have Mason as my goalie and I'm hoping the Flyers win right now

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
bet this thread doesn't even reach five pages...too bad, most of the disconcerting issues remain the same.
They really are... beating a bad team hides it.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why the Preds group is so highly thought of around the league.

Tons of broken plays and grade school offensive scheme.

I like both players but I don't want to see Neal and Jokinen on the same line.

The fight aside... Another good game by Glass.

I would love to see Sutter on Sids wing for 3 games.

I thought the Pens moved their feet and worked well for most of the game even though the puck management offset it.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Watching the Preds tonight... you hope Ray Shero didn't learn too much from them.

Their drafting is a big reason for their downturn, IMO.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Watching the Preds tonight... you hope Ray Shero didn't learn too much from them.

Their drafting is a big reason for their downturn, IMO.

I disagree with this. Losing Suter, who they drafted, really hurt. Losing Rinne (to injury) also really hurts. I thought Seth Jones looked really good, and once Rinne gets back and the Preds get out of their current funk, they will start winning more frequently.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I disagree with this. Losing Suter, who they drafted, really hurt. Losing Rinne (to injury) also really hurts. I thought Seth Jones looked really good, and once Rinne gets back and the Preds get out of their current funk, they will start winning more frequently.

I like Jones quite a lot. I also wholeheartedly agree that Rinne is a huge part of the puzzle, for them. But they've gotten by too long without an offense. It catches up, eventually. Looking over their drafts... they've done exceedingly poorly at forward. Though the jury is certainly still out on a few.

They also suffer a bit from a lack of resources. I don't believe Nashville is a max cap team.

I disagree that they'll bounce back, this year. I think they'll finish out of the playoffs. Possibly even in near-disastrous fashion. They look baaaaaaad. Rinne can only help so much.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
+ It was very noticeable that the pens were going to the net hard

+ Geno/Neal looked good together, iv come to the conclusion that the worst injuries the pens could have are injuries to Geno or Neal, when one of them is injured its like losing 2 players. At least when Sid is hurt Kunitz/Dupuis are still productive.

+Martin hes one of the best def in the league, its a shame he doesn't get the credit he deserves from the national media.

- Maatta everybody has bad games but that was a really bad game, i wonder if he plays tom, he really doesn't deserve to play after a game like that.

Agree about 7, he was awesome. Didn't think Maata was as bad as some of you though, a couple rookie gaffs, but he recovered well i thought.

Almost forgot:

-Wooing

Was sort of amusing the first couple times fans did it last year and everyone was all "WTF was that about?!".

Now it's bordering on Full Rossi because people are doing it to annoy other people / to get attention. It's like a thing now, and it has to stop.

Especially since it's apparent that the largest wooing demographic (by sound) are Gen Y females. Sounded like a bunch of cats in heat or something.

Bingo. I don't even slightly get this. The fact people still do this and the amusement has not yet worn off after years makes Pittsburghers seem like a bunch of hick Pejorative Slurs.

They're not girls, they're generally college-aged boys--with mullets. I think even little children would tire of this long before Pens fans have.

Better effort all around and if it wasn't for that **** lucky goal flower picks up the shutout

I suppose, but we beat an injury depleted team at the end of the 17 day seven game road trip, let's not get carried away.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
I suppose, but we beat an injury depleted team at the end of the 17 day seven game road trip, let's not get carried away.

Agreed. Especially after they showed the graphic of Nashville's crazy travelling in the past 17 days.

That said, always good to pick up 2 points. Also nice to see the contributions coming from a variety of sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad