Post-Game Talk: FIXED! Penguins beat Predators 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Obviously you like to see them win. But all the bad slop is still there.

I thought Letang, Malkin, Engelland, Neal, Jokinen and Sutter had strong games. As did Bennett.

I thought Maatta struggled but got better as the game went on.

I didn't even know Kunitz was playing until I saw him on the powerplay.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Of the four goals scored, only one (Letang) came from one of the normal line combinations. The first came when Dupuis was with Sutter and D'Ags, the second came on the PP, and the fourth goal came from Sutter with Jokinen and Bennett.

Bylsma's preferred line combinations didn't do jack.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
+ Bucky the Skate Stitcher (there is not a close 2nd)

True to form Errey says something funny every 18-20 games. Can't wait till he says something funny again in February. ;)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
bet this thread doesn't even reach five pages...too bad, most of the disconcerting issues remain the same.

don't underestimate our ability to bicker for 5 pages about what is and isn't a good game.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
don't underestimate our ability to bicker for 5 pages about what is and isn't a good game.

yah but it'd be nice to see the same old argument rehashed in the warm, fuzzy afterglow of a win rather than the hysteria-induced panic of a loss.

then again, i haven't been around for a while. it's likely that everyone has been thoughtful and articulate.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
+ Letang, Malkin, Sutter

Two points against a team that looked dead after we equalized. They've been outscored... what.... 19-2 in the their last four? Don't want to put too much into this, as I saw most the same old problems. Just not the opponent to hurt us tonight. But two points just the same. Lets hope it instills some confidence.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
+ Letang, Malkin, Sutter

Two points against a team that looked dead after we equalized. They've been outscored... what.... 19-2 in the their last four? Don't want to put too much into this, as I saw most the same old problems. Just not the opponent to hurt us tonight. But two points just the same. Lets hope it instills some confidence.

lock 'er up

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
+ Letang, Malkin, Sutter

Yeah... like I said in the GDT -- if it gets them out of the doldrums... I'll take it.

Though I think that's being a little naive. But oh well... I'll try to maintain some positivity.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
+ Martin is back and he looked good. It's good to see that he can still carry Orpik after whatever that injury was.
+ Letang had a good game, being sick agrees with him.
+ Neal, Sutter, Bennett and Jokinen had good games.
+ Malkin looked really good but the not scoring is becoming comical.
+ Crosby looked good in the 2nd and 3rd.
+ The team didn't throw a tantrum after not scoring right away and being scored on first.
+ Bennett was sighted with Crosby.
+ The hilarity of Bylsma's usual lines not being responsible for the win.

- KCD still exists.
- Maatta-Letang doesn't look good.
- Maatta didn't have a good game, he improved but overall.
- Dupuis scored, it was on the 3rd line but I doubt DB sees it that way. He was still really bad on the first line.
- Orpik continues his form.
- That fight.
- They showed our team injuries...

-- The same old problems will carry on.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
+The line combos after the PP's. We scored twice after failed PP's with a collection of our best non PP guys, and if this happens another 10-15 times, we might see some line changes.

+Healthy F lineup means we aren't playing Glass on the 3rd line. Either BB or Dupuis makes the third line a heck of a lot better.

++Letang did not play like a nut.

-Maatta is playing like a guy auditioning for London. Let's take bets on how many more games like this he will get before they put him on the bus down.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Yeah Maatta isn't going to have too many games worse than that. Looked like a 19 year old kid tonight.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I noticed that. I swear I heard blood-curdling screams at some point in the second period, too. It sounded like Jason Voorhees was making his rounds through CONSOL.

It's evolving. They're making use of drones and dissonant counterpoints to expand the depth of its emotive textures. Someone is going to have to do an album of field recordings of this unique and sophisticated folk vocal music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->