Fix the Flyers 2018-2019 Edition

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Congratulations! You are now the GM of the Flyers.

Show what Immediate moves you would make for this season and beyond given the current situation the Flyers find themselves in. Would you try to make a playoff push knowing full well the challenges that lay ahead , and the talent that waits for us if we continue down our current path. How would you set this team up for the next year?

And in no way is Dave Scott i mean Chuck Fletcher acting as a conduit through me.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Just found out that Khal Drogo is a Flyers fan. This opens up lots of possibilities. Maybe we can have him do something to inspire the team, like re-enact the golden crown scene from GOT with Hakstol?

200.gif

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
If you can get Q after the holiday break I would try to get in the playoffs and if you keep Hak until the season is over then I would sell. Simmonds and Gudas would be the logical choices to sell with their value and easy contracts to move and this team still needs a solid 2nd/3rd line center so Giroux can go back to wing if they buy. It all depends on who is coaching for me though to see what type of moves to do.

Reactions: Jtown

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Outside of the obvious coaching change:

Waive Amac and Lethera. Call up NAK and Myers.

Trade Simmonds to Toronto for Kapanen.

Trade Weise while he has value for a late pick. Call up Leier

JVR-Giroux-Konecny
Weal-Couts-Voracek
Lindblom-Patrick-Kapanen
Raffl-Laughton-NAK
Leier

Provy-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Hagg-Myers
Folin

I would target Crawford but wouldnt overpay. If he was unavailable, find an available goalie who can come in and finish out the season.

If team climbs back into it, I would look to upgrade the 2nd line LW position or acquire a center and G can move back to LW. Or maybe Vorobyov, Frost, Allison, or someone has earned a call up. I would also check in on the D out there. Ideally would like to bring in a top RD to replace Gudas and slide him down, but it would depend on who is ut there. If Myers plays well maybe he could be that guy.

Bottom line is I want to see what this team can do with a real coach and the best possible line up for once. There is nothing about the line up above that is a stretch...so there is ZERO reason for Amac, Lethera, Weise to still be here. Wait until the offseason to make and big changes if they even need to be made. Simmer needs to go asap, no way he can be extended and they might be able to get something for him.

Reactions: Jtown

catbellysqueezer

Dec 26, 2015
Fire everyone, trade everyone, sell everything, sacrifice Gritty to the gods, bottle our tears and sell them on Etsy as windshield wiper fluid for model cars--all proceeds going to people conned into donating to the gofundme's of fake philanthropic homeless veterans.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd write this season off, our options for interim coach are unlikely to turn things around, and we need to go on a 105 or so point pace the rest of the season to make the playoffs - which isn't realistic unless Stolarz raises his game a notch and Elliott is 100%. The goalies available out there aren't the answer. Just say no to retreads.

I'd go TDL selling, Simmonds, JVR, Raffl, Weal, Weise, Hagg, Gudas.
I'd listen to offers for Ghost and Voracek, neither to me fit what I'd want long-term, and they can bring back a big package.

I'd look to add NHL ready players from 22-26 with speed, I'd take draft picks in trades, then package them with 2nd tier prospects (Vorobyev, Bunnaman, etc.) to add other young NHL ready players. A veteran RHD, a fast RW, 4th liners who can PK, a top AHL goalie prospect to add depth.

I'd look to sign free agents this summer, but only if either they're short-term patches or fit the long-term core of a SC contender - not just to add names - so no 30 year old FAs on 5-7 year deals.

Next year's team (not every player will be traded, but which ones is unknown right now):

Giroux - Couts - ???
Lindblom - Patrick - TK
??? - Frost - ???
Laughton - ??? - NAK

Provorov - ???
Sanheim - ???
Morin - Myers
Friedman

Hart/Stolarz

I'd not only bring in a veteran NHL coach, but a top young coach for the Phantoms, who'd install the veteran coach's system and be the in-house alternative down the road (like Sullivan for the Pens).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->