Fix right skate

Blueshirts4me

Mar 11, 2003
Visit site
I have a problem with my right skate. My foot flops on the inside edge constantly, which makes it difficult to do crossovers on one side. I have had a lift put on the inside heel to get my foot to the outside but it doesn't help. Also, it the skate tends to get really loose after skating for a half hour and my ankle shifts. I tie my skate really tight, use a skate key, and actually gotten blisters on that hand from tieing it so tight.

What else can I try?

EmptyNetter

Jun 22, 2006
North Shore, MA
I tie my skate really tight, use a skate key, and actually gotten blisters on that hand from tieing it so tight.

Actually, getting blisters indicates that your skate is moving, chafing against your skin despite your lacing them as tight as possible. Not sure if your laces are stretching as you play or maybe it's the leather of your skate. What are you wearing for socks? I'd strongly advise using something made of nylon that will wick away the sweat. The more moisture in your boot, either from a cotton sock or no sock at all, the more slippage you'll see inside your skate and the higher probability of blisters. Also, make sure you tighten your skate from the bottom up past your ankle.

Only other things I can think of are your skates are old and aren't giving you the support you need anymore OR your feet are two different sizes :dunno:

speedway

Oct 6, 2006
It sounds as if one foot is larger than the other.If that is the case, you may have to go with smaller shates and stretch the skate of the larger foot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad